Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a cost cutting move, Chrysler will layoff more people and cut a number of cars from their lineup.

People familiar with the situation said Chrysler will kill four vehicles from its lineup: the Dodge Magnum wagon, Chrysler Pacifica crossover, PT Cruiser hatchback and the Chrysler Crossfire roadster.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Bill, I have to admit when I saw the thread title, I though you were leaving the ranks once again. I thought it was fallout from actually seeing that there WILL be a new Bullitt being built for 2008.....

Of course, that would mean that you would have to come back again with an unprecedented 3rd screen name. (Actually 4th, if you count "Deleted Per Request").

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bullitt_5135 said:
Bill, I have to admit when I saw the thread title, I though you were leaving the ranks once again. I thought it was fallout from actually seeing that there WILL be a new Bullitt being built for 2008.....

Of course, that would mean that you would have to come back again with an unprecedented 3rd screen name. (Actually 4th, if you count "Deleted Per Request").
:lol: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bullitt 736 said:
He'll never catch Collin in the post or name category. :lol:
At one point I had 3,500 posts in a prior IMBOC life, but B-man won't or can't add those posts to my current number of posts, and my join date is July 2002, not 2007. Oh well! :frown:

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
SmokinBullitt said:
At one point I had 3,500 posts in a prior IMBOC life, but B-man won't or can't add those posts to my current number of posts, and my join date is July 2002, not 2007. Oh well! :frown:
You need to go back and re-read the emails we exchanged recently.. I think you overlooked something I said/asked you about. ;-)

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
SmokinBullitt said:
In a cost cutting move, Chrysler will layoff more people and cut a number of cars from their lineup.

People familiar with the situation said Chrysler will kill four vehicles from its lineup: the Dodge Magnum wagon, Chrysler Pacifica crossover, PT Cruiser hatchback and the Chrysler Crossfire roadster.
I hate to see the Magnum go. I actually like wagons. Especially wagons with hemi's. I didn't think the PT would go away. I see them everywhere (including my whole way home.:wink:) Chrysler makes the Crossfire??? Does Kujo362 know this? He thinks they're made by Pontiac. :lol:

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
Personnally I thought the Dakota and Durango twins would get the axe before the PT Cruiser or the Pacifica. Then again, Chrysler doesn't want to produce any more of the Neon spin-offs. They are bound to be loosing money on them. And the Pacifica was a non-entity in my mind. Maybe Ford will do the same to the Taurus X/Freestyle thing as well. I don't see many of either. The Crossfire is actually assembled in Western Europe (Germany or maybe Yugoslavia?) by Mercedes using some older chassis and mechanicals from a obsolete Mercedes model. It was bound to go away. Just as soon as Mercedes uses up all the left over parts...:lol:

This just in: The PT Cruiser convertible is getting the axe. NOT the hatchback. Five door is to undergo upgrade with new chassis, dumping it's Neon heritage. Just think, the Cruiser was the last new design by the Chrysler Corp. before throwing in the towel with the Daimler Corp. BTW, the Cruiser is the third best selling car Chrysler has right now. It is in effect their Mustang. Without it, they are nothing. The other two top selling cars are the Ram 1500, and the Avenger/Sebring twins.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts