Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What has my State come to? If our Va. Gov. signs the latest bill.... Kids up to age 8 would have to ride in a car seat!!! Age 8????? Yeah,I can see that working real smooth.
Why don't they ban any kids up to age 25 from riding or driving a vehicle!! That would fix it!

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
Food for thought!

Don't go giving them any ideas! You don't like what they come up with on "Their own". No telling where they would go with something like this-"Why don't they ban any kids up to age 25 from riding or driving a vehicle!! That would fix it!":badgrin:

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Larry, you're good at the fabrication stuff. Here is your calling! Market cool car seats for bigger kids! Maybe build in a roll cage :D

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
How many lives do they estimate it will save?

·
Registered
651 Posts
I can certainly see how such a law could give some people difficulty. It seems like so many "parents" today are more attuned to giving their kids what they want, instead of what's best for them. No doubt it would be a problem for them, since they're not effective at parenting anyway. God forbid anyone should challenge them (the "adults") to do anything worthwhile for their children's safety. I can hear their whines of indignation now.

Maybe we should all just throw the kids in the backs of the trucks or strap them to the roof as we head off down the interstate. At the very least, it could help to cleanse the shallow end of the gene pool. Otherwise they might all grow up to one day complain about the lack of "affordable" muscle cars, and how much better they were "back in the day". :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
01GTB said:
Larry, you're good at the fabrication stuff. Here is your calling! Market cool car seats for bigger kids! Maybe build in a roll cage :D
They kinda do. It looks just like a racing seat that sits on top of the normal seat. They also have just plain "booster" like seats that allow for the seat belt shoulder harness to fall in the right spot.

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
You guys have it all wrong! Booster seats are not comfortable on little bumms. Get a Subaru Brat from long ago. Strap the little fellas in the rear facing bed seats (two per trucklette). They are smaller already. You know, kiddie but sized. Out in the weather, but smaller... :lol: J/K!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What I don't get...anyone 50 or older somehow SURVIVED ,with out all this gov't intervention, during the 40's,50's and 60's!! I don't have any kids to worry about,but the increase in age is just plain stupid. We need a cage for the represnetitives,and the idiots who voted for them!!!!!!! Just might have something to do with our new Stupidcrat,as in "DEMO" govenor!!!!!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
What a wonderfull day ,today was.........

Let's see got a annual review,at work,today. Was rated as Excellent... Which resulted in a whopping 3 cent per hour increase. That is CORRECT 3 CENTS! See they stopped me 3 cent from the top pay rate,last year, plus a 2.7% lump sum check,which will be taxed at the 40% rate. WOW,not bad for 29 years service fixing their busted up crap! Plus the market took a HUGE flush today,and my retirement 401K with it!!
Yep a great day. 2 years and 2 months from now I will retire/quit from this trade,then maybe do some stupid little job and get a real raise. I will work for the city!!!!!!!!
Please eveyone out there, stop buying HON products!!!!!

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Those people 50 and older did not have the amount of traffic to contend with today as yesterday. I am sure the new law will save the lives of innocent children. That is a good thing. Get the bad drivers and drunks off the road and save more children. Don't blame it on the party of the govenor, blame it on those wanting to save lives of children. How many died in the old days that today would survive because of air bags? Also get rid of right to work and get a decent pay raise.

Right to work laws lower wages for everyone. The average worker in a right to work state makes about $5,333 a year less than workers in other states ($35,500 compared with $30,167).[1] Weekly wages are $72 greater in free-bargaining states than in right to work states ($621 versus $549).[2] Working families in states without right to work laws have higher wages and benefit from healthier tax bases that improve their quality of life. From labor statictics for the 2000-2001 years.

I believe the House is controlled by Republicans, also the Senate. Soooo why blame the gov.?

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
Right to work !!!??? I'm confused!

rblack4405 said:
Those people 50 and older did not have the amount of traffic to contend with today as yesterday. I am sure the new law will save the lives of innocent children. That is a good thing. Get the bad drivers and drunks off the road and save more children. Don't blame it on the party of the govenor, blame it on those wanting to save lives of children. How many died in the old days that today would survive because of air bags? Also get rid of right to work and get a decent pay raise.

Right to work laws lower wages for everyone. The average worker in a right to work state makes about $5,333 a year less than workers in other states ($35,500 compared with $30,167).[1] Weekly wages are $72 greater in free-bargaining states than in right to work states ($621 versus $549).[2] Working families in states without right to work laws have higher wages and benefit from healthier tax bases that improve their quality of life. From labor statictics for the 2000-2001 years.

I believe the House is controlled by Republicans, also the Senate. Soooo why blame the gov.?
Texas is a right to work state. I believe Florida is too (? I don't really know, I didn't look it up). We have fairly good pay scales, no state income taxes which suck up that $5,333.00 per year increase. So, IMHO there is no good generalization dealing with this "Right to Work Issue". It, in my mind, is what you let your politictos get away with, and what the people demand of them that they pass laws for. Once again, IMHO. What other forces are at work anyway?

Question: What portion of your income in your state do pay in income taxes, real property taxes, sales taxes...the money has to come from somewhere for supplies and services.

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
I can relate, sort of.

Mus408 said:
Let's see got a annual review,at work,today. Was rated as Excellent... Which resulted in a whopping 3 cent per hour increase. That is CORRECT 3 CENTS! See they stopped me 3 cent from the top pay rate,last year, plus a 2.7% lump sum check,which will be taxed at the 40% rate. WOW,not bad for 29 years service fixing their busted up crap! Plus the market took a HUGE flush today,and my retirement 401K with it!!
Yep a great day. 2 years and 2 months from now I will retire/quit from this trade,then maybe do some stupid little job and get a real raise. I will work for the city!!!!!!!!
Please eveyone out there, stop buying HON products!!!!!
I was told in my annual review that I was an 80% technican. No pay raise. But, get this, I'm better than last year! Whoopie!

Dolt. Three years and no raise. One guy was here six of the twelve months and he got a raise! WTF??!! Not my call, obviously. Not worry though. The raise allowable this year is just over 1%. And only four out of twenty got one, and of those four only two got the full amount. The others got a 50% increase of the allowable...nuts.

But I do understand!

Haven't bought HON in years.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
But the teachers around here will get their 5% raise again,and the kids will be no smarter! I know they need a raise too,but I want it kept in check with the people who have to pay for it....me!
Until last year We went 8 straight years without an hourly rate increase.

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
I came to work today, and the boss chewed me a new one. I had the good fortune to visit his boss before he saw me. So she and I compared notes, I took some. When he was finished with me later I took out (mentally) some things she had given me and used them on him. Told him to have a good day and went to work. Ah yes, life is but a joy!

BTW, I went bullittproof on the job that is, Jan 23rd. 2007! So, he can say what he wants. I'll do my best, take the pay check and go home at the end of the day. :smile:

And you?

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Unfortunately passing more laws to "protect" the children don't do beans. We have a law in Texas that all kids must be in a safety seat. I have seen dozens of kids hanging out the windows, climbing over the front seats, riding behind the back seat in an SUV. And this is in a high society area not around the trailer park. Don't see many of them being pulled over. LE has too many issues to deal with as it is. Why give them something else to have to try and enforce. We also have a seat belt law as do most states. Legislate to legislate is not a good thing. I don't need to be protected from myself.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
rblack4405 said:
Off topic, but speaking of the Virginia state house...The Speaker that "resigned" about five years ago, was one of my Dad's good friends in high school :D My Dad was not even aware that he had rose to the position of Speaker, and only found out at the high school reunion the year after he had been forced out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts