Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting at the red this guy in an older (80's ) model Porsche is starin at the Bullitt. Looked like an older guy so I figured that he didn't want anything. When the light turns green we both start taking off slow, then he hits is hard. I was kind of expecting this, so I dump the clutch from about 2000rpm's and it's like he's sitting still, we shift to second and he is fading fast. He gave up soon after. The Bullitt will always catch up with you!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitmon on 2002-01-17 13:58 ]</font>

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
Hey, just because the dude is older does not mean that he is not interested in taking off with ya! Hubby is 62 (gray hair and bald) and he goes for it everytime! :lol: He is having a blast with the Bullitt and R I tell ya!

Isn't it fun, tho, Bullitmon? Especially when you spank them! :smile:

1969 Coupe
2001 DHG #344 Bullitt
2000 Cobra R #227

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-12-15 11:15 ]</font>

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm also a Porsche fan. I love the 80's 911 with the whale tail. Before buying the BULLITT, I tried to talk my wife into letting me buy one, but she couldn't see pay 20 something thousand for a 15 year old car. Would love to race one to see what would happen. Just opening the closet door.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I love Porsche (closet door breaks while slamming open). The new 996's are nice but don't do it for me. The air cooled 993 twin turbo's (1996-1998) are the last of the modern Porsche's I would like to own some day. They are already collectable because of their limited production run of only 3 years. The 80's 959 were incredable and the new 996 turbos are just now touching/ passing there performance. Of course, all the classics are nice especially the 550 (like Deans). In Road and Track, they just tested a RUF 996, 11.9 at 120mph in the quarter mile and will run at over 200mph! It was 105 degrees outside! 520bhp, all wheel drive and, cough, over $200,000.00! R&T said it is the fastest car they have tested, except for the McLaren F1 (worlds fastest, costs over 1 million dollars, each).
Love my Bullitt, and its mine, mine, mine! Plus I keep the house!
Oh yeah. My father in law had a non-turbo 1989 911. Great car that I drove on several occasions. Including the night before I got married, when my best man and I got her up to 135mph on a short streach of highway. It may have done 140 (we were going up a shallow hill), and by far was not a slow car. Not as fast as a Bullitt but will give you a run at any rate. =)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BB00797 on 2002-01-17 08:09 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Porsches are AWESOME. In fact, I almost got one instead of the Bullitt. It was what I was looking for anyway. I was really really close to getting a beautiful guards red (black interior) 1989 Carrera 4. It had the new 996 wheels and looked sweet! Unfortunately, I went in to get it, and it had been sold the previous day. :sad: Then I found the Bullitt 2 days later. To get my hands on a GT2...What do you think of the new Targa!!?? It's AWESOME i think. :smile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts