Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im starting to feel a little hestiant on buying my supercharger from Vortech. ive heard many of you have had chip burning problems and all that good stuff... i know its a great product, but i cant afford to have my daily driver in the garage for 3 or more weeks! :sad:

please any feedback from all you Vortech-Supercharged-Bullitt owners....

Thanx!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
This is the advice I give to everyone who is looking to install a charger.

If you can not either financially or emotionally deal with your car blowing up or being down for extended lengths of time then DO NOT buy a supercharger. It is a large investment to begin with, and can get even larger if your motor decides it doesn't like the additional pressure. Some motors last the life of the car, others last 'til the first time they hit 5K. Most last quite awhile, but be a smart consumer and know the risks/benefits.

For reference, my chip was burned just fine on the first time around. This was verified on the dyno as I had no detonation and the A/F was no higher than 11:1.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
From what I have seen in the past,these things are not trouble free for the long term. I will stick with the N/A setup.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Power adders are not good for daily drivers. Don't want to discourage you, but if you can't afford an engine rebuild don't buy a supercharger.

Try a set of 4.10 gears instead, they just might give you the tire smoking fun you're looking for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts