Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I looked at Vehicle Visability on FMC dealer. My Bullitt now has a scheduled build date of Jan. 2,2008. This is for vin. #85161844.

Mike........:wink:

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
I was told 85 161821 had a scheduled build date of 12/31/07 ..... but who knows, I thought the plant would be closed for the holidays..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Prior to today mine was scheduled to the week of Dec. 31. I can only look at vehicles ordered through my dealership. But if they build around 400 Mustangs per day, all three could feasibly be built on Wednesday the 2nd.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
My dealer still does not have the VIN but the plant is suposed pull the order tonight???? what does that mean?

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
texasbullitt said:
I was told 85 161821 had a scheduled build date of 12/31/07 ..... but who knows, I thought the plant would be closed for the holidays..
My understanding is that the build date is "the week of". Mine too is Dec.31- but the plant will be still closed Dec.31 and Jan.1- so the first day of production that week is Jan.2nd.
So all our cars might just be built the same day!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Nice a bunch of hung over UAW workers buildn the B.......good luck with it...... :)

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i'm pretty sure you don't want your Bullitt built on Jan 2 !!!!!!

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
DaHos said:
Nice a bunch of hung over UAW workers buildn the B.......good luck with it...... :)
Yeah, it doesn't sound like the best case scenario- does it?
The only bright spot is it is the 2nd, so they have had all of Jan. 1st to sleep it off and clear their heads.
Oh well, what can you do? Pray to Bullitt God's I suppose.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Orders are pulled by the plants on Thursday nights. Then they are scehuled for a certain weeks production. I ordered on the 8th of November, and on Nov. 29th the order was pulled and scheduled for the week of Dec. 31.

I've allready had a new car/truck that was built on a Monday and a Friday. I was lucky that both had minimal problems. I don't have a problem with this one being built on the day after new years. I am in service at the dealership and deal with new vehicles every day. One thing I've learned in the last 25 years in service is, that I've never seen a perfect new vehicle, and I don't beleive the auto industry can or will ever build a perfect vehicle.

Mike......:badgrin:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Hey Whammer have you gotten a pin from xplan yet?I looked at Blue Oval Forum and saw that someone asked for one but was told that Ford wasn't planning to offer it.My dealership has told me they would but I haven't applied for a pin yet.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
I contacted a guy on blueoval who said he would be happy to give me a pin. His pins reset in Jan- you're allowed 8 pins. So he told me to contact him in the new year.
Ford is allowing all plans to apply to the Bullitt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts