Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SCHOOL 1967 vs. 2007

Scenario: Jack goes quail hunting before school, pulls into school parking lot with shotgun in gun rack.

1967 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.

2007 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight after school.

1967 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up best friends. Nobody goes to jail, nobody arrested, nobody expelled.

2007 - Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrests Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

scenario: Jeffrey won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1967 - Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by the Principal. Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2007 - Jeffrey given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. Tested for ADD. School gets extra money from state because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1967 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2007 - Billy's Dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. State psychologist tells Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their Dad goes to prison. Billy'smom has affair with psychologist.

Scenario: Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1967 - Mark shares aspirin with Principal out on the smoking dock.

2007 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. Car searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario: Pedro fails high school English.

1967 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, goes to college.

2007 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from 4th of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up a red ant bed.

1967 - Ants die.

2007 - Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, Homeland Securityand FBI called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, FBI investigates parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated, Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario: Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Heather. Heather hugs him to comfort him.

1967 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2007 - Heather is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.

·
Registered
506 Posts
You know yer gettin old when you agree with this...........I say lets go back to 1967 and try it again !!!!

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Im too young to remember it either. but even in the 80s the 67' style was still being practiced. these days things are takin to an extream that never needed to be.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I graduated in 1970. I went to a little H.S. in Northeastern Ohio. I even took Cuisine for Boys. Mostly because one of my friends would hunt in the evening before school then bring the kill to school so that we could dress it out and then bake, broil or otherwise cook the little fellas. I thinkk I learned more about anatomy in that class than all the biology courses that I took in college as a requirement for my degree. We has Squirrel, turkey, quail, whatever was the bag the day before. I don't think that would ever happen now.

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
It's funny, but by god how true it is.

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
David, I graduated from a little HS in NW Ohio in 1970...hunted Rabbit, squirl, quail, & phesant with my football coach and principal. No one was in school the first day of hunting season. Everyone brought their kills to school late in theafternoon to show off ...guns and all.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Bullitt 40 said:
David, I graduated from a little HS in NW Ohio in 1970...hunted Rabbit, squirl, quail, & phesant with my football coach and principal. No one was in school the first day of hunting season. Everyone brought their kills to school late in theafternoon to show off ...guns and all.
I attended and graduated from Grand Valley H.S. on May 28th, 1970. That would be Orwell, Ohio. Went to Kent State Trumbull Branch for two years and transfered to University of Texas, Arlington. B.A. 1974.:wink:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I quit school in 1965 and joined the Navy. Went to Vietnam for 3 tours! Eventually got my HS GED thru the Navy. Never attended College, but managed to end up with a pretty good job. Times sure change!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I skipped class, got caught and sent to principal's office. Punishment: 3 licks with the paddle shop class made him (bastards! :lol:) My mom fought the paddling, alternative was to sit in office for 3 days. I said screw this, took the licks, continued with my life.

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Graduated from Van Wert HS in may of 1970 then went to Florida Southern College to play baseball(&party)and graduated in 1974 also. Decided not to shovel snow anymore.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
That was a cool link ... THANKS ~ !!!

(texwebdesign.com)

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Good Old Days

Just to let Yall know ...

Time Life (at least I think it's them) has just released a big DVD collection of all the MIDNIGHT SPECIAL sessions aired on TV back in the good old days of REAL FREAKIN' MUSIC. :wink:

Yes, unfortunately you also have to suffer through the CAPT. & TENNILLE session ... :frown: but you get all the good ones too ... !!! :cool:

Just thought all you folks around my age would like to know this if Yall aint heard about it already.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I wonder how long it'll be before any of them get on ebay and sell for half of what TimeLife wants...

I mean you did say The Captain and Tenille were on them right??? :lol:

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I always thought it would be nice to have an "oldies" MTV station. One that played all the videos before it became a reality/rap/bs channel.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
BigBullitt said:
I always thought it would be nice to have an "oldies" MTV station. One that played all the videos before it became a reality/rap/bs channel.
They do! It used to be golden Oldies, then Classic Rock. I think they have renamed it again (OldTimersMuzak?) I forget what they call it. :lol:

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
1967 I was in diapers! But, I can relate to all these from being in school in the 70's .....except the hunting stuff. The strap was banned the year I started school...whew!

I did get caught chewing gum and had to do two pages of " I will not chew gum in class" Looking for sympathy from Dad I told him what happened. He handed me another page and said "Tell your teacher the third page is from me"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts