Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hummmmmm I wonder which defect I would prefer on my instrument cluster cover. Remember the plastic cover was scratched upon delivery of #344 and we were having a hard time convincing Ford that it came that way? Well, 8 weeks later they finally got one in and it has ripples in it! Hubby is suppose to go down in the morning and see if it isn't too noticeable enough to make a switch with the scratched one. Hubby said ripples would be better than scratches! I think neither! :mad:

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm having the 'lens' problem with my dealer as well. Not only was my cluster lens covered with scratches, but it has weird water-like marks on the inside of the lens. Not a big deal considering the rest of the car was in flawless condition when I took delivery.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Very simply tell the dealer this...My money was 100% perfect when I gave it to you...why would I accept anything less than a 100% perfect car in return? That's pretty hard logic to take issue with. They should have known better than install a replacement part with ripples in it. I would take that as an insult to my intelligence not to mention a waste of my valuable time. Don't let them get away with it.

John

Densecharger CAI
Superchips Premium Fuel Chip
GT Fog Lights
MGW Knobs
Tint/Paint Protection
StonGard

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBlueBullitt on 2001-07-10 21:37 ]</font>

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I'm taking that '100% attitude' with my shop.

I took delivery of my Bullitt in the pouring rain. I had test driven it earlier that week. They promised a full delivery inspection and detail later.

I noticed scratches and several items needed attending... parking brake handle bent, headliner, etc.

Saturday, that had it all day- and only washed it. No inspection. In fact, they put a dent in the fender w/ scratches AND managed to put a dent in the speaker grill.

I called the salesguy in it (not the dent yet) with a message. He replyed with a message sounding like I was starting to get out of hand. The car still needs corrections.

Like you said, 100%.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-11 00:49, 1NastyFordGT wrote:
Screw the salesman, it's time for the General Manager to do some explaining! :evil:
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm going down today to pick up my tags.
He'll be very happy to see me coming.

not.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very Good Luck to you JayP! It sounds like you are having as much trouble with your Bullitt and dealership as I had! They put a scratch in my deck and paid to have it repainted at the body shop of our choice-$450. They denied scratching it but wanted to keep in good standing I guess.

Just stand your ground. Actually, Ford hasn't installed the new instrument cluster as of yet. They just called yesterday to tell us it is finally in and that it has ripples and for us to come down to look it over. It probably isn't that bad to them, but to us (we are their picky customer) we want it perfect! You don't pay $27,000 for a car to have scratches and dents on the darn thing!

Vicki

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
How bad are they original scrathces in the lens? Are they just buff marks, or is the plastic actually cut. Reason I ask is because I used to use a product called Flitz. And it was great for polishing plexi glass. I used to wholesale it. I could take a piece of plastic, and buff it using steel wool and then put two pieces of tape on the sides and in a short amount of time polish the plastic back out and you would never have guessed it was all scratched up. If the scratch is deeper it would work but it would take a lot longer time. Also this stuff works great for those yellowing headlights, in about 30 seconds they are clear again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts