Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've absolutely had it with Summit & I swear, I'm never ordering from them again. I had problems back in '98 with a camshaft for my 302 & basically, they refused to refund my money (long story, which still pisses me off). After that, I told myself I wasn't ordering from them again, & I kept my promise to myself until earlier this year, when I ordered several things for the Caprice off their website. Since that went so smoothly, I decided to see if they had a set of non-smog legal long-tube headers for the Caprice/Impala LT-1. Well, they said they had a set of Hedmans which would fit, so I ordered them & some exhaust cutouts & they shipped 'em to me. Well, the Hedmans had tubing & air bungs welded into the top of each primary (looked like crap) with a threaded receiver at the top, which wouldn't even hook-up to the air pump tubing. So, not only weren't these non-smog legal, they wouldn't even hook up to the smog tubing. So I had to return them. When I called, they said they prefered returns to be sent UPS & they told me to include a copy of the shipping charge. So I went out of my way to a UPS center, boxed everything up, put a copy of the receipt in the box & sent it on its way. Well, a week later my original purchase was refunded, but not the shipping fee. When I called about it, I was told since I hadn't sent a receipt, they couldn't refund the shipping. The guy said to fax a copy of the receipt to him & he'd refund the money. I did that 2 weeks ago & today got my credit card statement & the charge was STILL there. So when I called, the jerk on the phone said because I had ordered the wrong item, they weren't going to pay for having it shipped back. When I started to explain, he cut me off & repeated their return policy. That's when I lost it & started yelling. Well, after the dust cleared, he offered to refund $8.65 of the $19.95 shipping cost (where he arrived at that number, I have no idea). So I'm out the original $6.95 for shipping & $11.30 for the return shipping. So basically, I paid $18.25 for a bunch of aggravation. I don't think I'd be so pissed if they hadn't kept telling me it was my mistake & then told me my money for returning everything would be refunded, which it wasn't. I'm NEVER buying from Summit again & this time I mean it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you paid with a credit card, dispute the charge with the bank. They will either pursue it with the merchant, or for the small amount involved relative to the hassle they would be required to endure, they will probably go ahead and credit your account.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I ordered a couple of parts from Summitt a few years ago and like they did with you they sent me the wrong parts. No mistake, the completely wrong parts. Since they had the part numbers for the parts I received on the invoice they said "you ordered the wrong parts so it is your fault." Since I didn't tape record the conversation with them on the phone when I told them what I wanted I to was out the shiping cost. :evil:

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I've had pretty good dealings with them. I ordered a Cobra Intake from them and there was what appeared to be a pin hole in one of the runners. I got on the phone and they shipped out a new one and said they would send a call tag for the original. I had both of them for 3 weeks before UPS cane to get the original. They never charged for anything but the original, even though I had both for 3 weeks.

I bought a set of Edelbrock Performer RPM cylinder heads from them that had a slight imperfection in them. I called, they said ship them back and we will get them out to you. I had to pay shipping, but they reimbursed it with no receipt.

I think it really matters who your salesman is. They have a lot of control over how smoothly it goes with service, and the sale for that matter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2001-09-15 00:05 ]</font>

·
Registered
111 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-09-14 15:29, DHG2404 wrote:
If you paid with a credit card, dispute the charge with the bank. They will either pursue it with the merchant, or for the small amount involved relative to the hassle they would be required to endure, they will probably go ahead and credit your account.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

rancorkeeper - DHG2404 is right. Dispute the charge with your credit card company and let them fight the battle for you. I have done this on several occassions when I had problems with a vendor. After they were contacted by the credit card company on my behalf, their attitude changed. This is one of the best things about using a credit card and why I won't order anything mail order or online using anything but a credit card.

Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts