Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY BULLITTHEADS, Was in upstate N.Y. over week end, stop to buy ice cream for the kids[alright for me too.] while parking bullitt #569 guy asks me "Hey are you Steve Mcqueen?" I said "no are you popeye the sailor man?" [just kidding, I said no.] Have you had any similar questions asked while driving your bullitt?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Nope.. most people in my neck of the woods do not know what the hell a Bullitt is or the movie... accept some old timers...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Maybe it's due to my region (Canandaigua, NY)
or the age of my acquaintances, but I'm getting lots of McQueen & Bullitt recognition. Went to NMRA event last nite and attracted lots of comments. Most want to
know where they can be bought. Paloman

·
Registered
199 Posts
If someone even knows what my car is I'm happy.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've had a surprising number of young people checking out the car. They know what it is and they know the movie reference! Pretty impressive for a bunch of teenagers. Last night I was at a hobby shop and found the metal body scale model of the orignal Bullitt Mustang with a little figure of Frank Bullitt with it! While I was checking out, I glanced out in the parking lot and there was a crowd of 12-14 year old kids around my car. They were there with the R/C car club and stopped what they were doing to check it out. They were especially happy when I let a little rubber fly on my way out!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Some dummy wanted to know where I got the Bullitt badging so he could put it on his SUV. Really!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just the other day some kid behind the counter of a gas station greeted me with "so, where's the rear spoiler?" I said "It's a Bullitt. I don't need no stinking spoiler."

·
Registered
310 Posts
Was coming home the other day when this silver stang pulled up beside me. I heard someone yelling I looked at him and he said that is the finest looking ride i have ever saw I said thanks and with that i compensed to watch him fade in my rear view mirror! Best compliment so far! Thanx Havgun #1676

1 - 8 of 8 Posts