Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I found a fix for the sealt belt retractor that doesn't retract. Nice write-up and pics. Pulled the panels and disconnected the retractor and belt. It dicusses removing the belt from the metal piece that it rolls up on and reclocking the spring that seems to weaken over time and loses tension. After getting it all apart it becomes apparent that if I pull the belt out of the slot it will never go back in. Oh well. I'll hit the Ford dealer in the morning. I'll attach the link and if someone can get it to work that's great.

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:7untD5ZTGSgJ:www.4x4wire.com/toyota/minutemods/seatbelt/+fix+seat+belt+retractor&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us&client=firefox-a

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
Given up hope

I've completely given up hope on my seatbelt. I just fold it neatly up on the side of the door (all 12 feet of it !) when getting out of the car. And ... hope I'm never in an accident where the retractable function is really needed.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I can only hope anyone with a seat belt that does not work as it should, will get it repaired. You may save a serious or deadly outcome.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
I picked up a new seat belt this morning. I went ahead and installed it (less panels, etc) before heading back to work. I felt naked without it. The difference is like night and day. It pulls out and rolls up very smoothly. We'll see how long it lasts. Its a little different design than what I pulled out.

Got a Part Number?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
u guys need to check your state laws. ks has a state law that if the vehicle is registerd in the the state seat belt warranty is 10 years unlimited mileage

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Hummmmmm........

That is VERY INTERESTING........

Anyone know about Texas?

Thanks Charles for the part number!

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
After purchasing my wife's car the drivers side seat beat had a stain that I could not remove. I ordered a new seat belt and the dealer installed it-no charge. Would not give me the seat belt to install. The car was under warranty, I paid for the belt but not the install.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts