Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else having their seat belt drive them crazy?
The belt in my 95 Convertible always used to fall out of the hoop/ring on the left drivers seat, and I assumed it was cuz it was a drop top.
I think my Bullitt is even worse!
This is the ONLY thing that I do not like about the car...
What do I have to do to keep the belt from working its way out of the hoop? Anyone else dealing with this?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-21 19:16, Bullitt_5135 wrote:
What do I have to do to keep the belt from working its way out of the hoop?
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Leave it out. I nearly pop my shoulder out reaching for it but I am getting more flexible every day.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might just do that but I worry about leaning back too far and maybe bending or breaking the seat back frame when reaching for it for the next 20 years (and I fully intend to keep it that long!!!!)

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I electrical taped the little opening at the top of the retaining loop. The only time you want the belt out of the loop is when poeple are getting in the back...with the lopp taped shut they just have to be a little more atheletic to get under the belt climbing in.
I'm sure a prettier "fix" could be done but this works well and I did the same thing years ago with my convertible Cobra.

EDIT: Sorry...thought this pic showed the loop but it's just out of the loop :smile:
Black #5578 born Wed., 8-22-01
Steeda Tri-Ax,DenseCharger100mm,MGW satin,Ford Rcng 3.73's & Alum. Driveshft,rear mudguards,30mm H&R spacers on rear

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dennis on 2001-10-21 19:41 ]</font>

·
Registered
309 Posts
I did see a better solution than electical tape on a page linked off a post on the MW board (got that?). Take a piece of clear tubing (cut to a length of about 2") and fit it over the opening. Here's a link to the pic of the finished product and you'll see what I mean. http://www.shane.roberts.net/belt_clr.jpg

I think I'll do this if I start having any problems (so far mine has been ok). HTH.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
You know, when I read the part about the electrical tape, it hit me. We are going to look back on these things one day with great fondness. These little oddities on this car are going to bring back fond memories, especially for those of use who keep it for a long time.

It reminds me of the stories my dad used to tell me about the Triumph motorcycles he had in the 50's. Like the time he drove 20 miles home at night with no lights because the electrical system was on the blink.. :smile: What was the saying... "Lucas Electric -- the 'prince of darkness'" :smile:

Anyway, one day we might look back on this and think.. what great times. :wink:

Mike

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullittoid on 2001-10-23 19:30 ]</font>

·
Registered
81 Posts
I took my seatbelt holders off the first week I had my car. To my eye that really cleaned up the look of the seats since there wasn't a plastic arm hanging off to the side anymore.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Oh come on FromTheOtherSide, it's a loop to keep the seatbelt near the driver. It has nothing to do with safety and everything to do with "convenience." They aren't exactly unbolting the seatbelt.

·
Registered
509 Posts
You are right Gibscreen. I just don't use the stupid thing, but I do like the idea of taking it off. I'm surprised more Bullittheads haven't dislocated their left shoulder!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts