Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well nobody (including me) likes seat covers, but I am very hard on seat fabric, so I usually install one at least for the driver's seat. I have bought two different generic type covers, one from Walmart, one from Target. Same problem with both: the front seats in the Bullitt are thicker than normal and this causes a problem with the covers because they cannot reach around them and wind up coming loose. Also, I can't seem to find ones that have both provisions for headrests, and straps that go from the front of the seat and stretch under the seat to attach in the rear (which would keep the covers in place even though they are a bit too small).

Has anybody found any aftermarket covers that work for the bullitt? I don't know if the Cobra has the same problem either.Any catalog or Internet suppliers?

Thanks

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for the info 1nastyFordGT. I have seen those covers. I am extremely warm blooded. How are they in the summer heat?
(by the way, I love your graphic!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I would look into Wet Okole seat covers www.wetokole.com . I had them in my '00 Dakota. Excellent workmanship and, as they are neoprene, they are pretty much everything proof. I am kicking around the idea for #4165, but really like the leather seats. They will custom fit them to your seat but you have to tell the rep when you order them that your seat is not a std. GT seat and if they haven't allready, they will find one to measure and fit. They come in most any color and I bet you could even get the Bullitt logo on them (I had the rams head logo put on the head rest of the Dakota). They are pricey though at around $250.

True (Denver Broncos) Blue
Mach460
Stock... for the time being :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-10-29 12:45 ]</font>

·
Registered
543 Posts
www.autoseats.com

The make custom fit Mustang seat covers. Expensive at $99 a pair. They come in charcoal and are made out of denim which gets soft the more you wash them. I'm asking for a set for Christmas.

John

·
Registered
413 Posts
That is amusing. A friend of mine from HI clued me in that Wet Okole means Wet Butt, I about fell over. Clever marketing on their part.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I usually wear a little of whatever I eat/drink in my car, which is why I bought them for that Dakota that I upgraded to the Bullitt from. I would just take them out every now and then, hose them off, let them dry and put them back in. No fuss. I agree too, they go well with Aloha shirts :smile:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts