Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers seat is getting real bad from getting in and out. Any one elses like that and what did you do to fix it? Where can you get a replacement seat for it or can you repair the leather??? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
I always try to get my butt in the seat without rubbing the edge that seems to get so much wear. Looks goofy but it seems to help.

·
Registered
185 Posts
You can fill in the scratches with a quality shoe polish like Lincoln or Kiwi. Make sure you buff it out really good, or else you may end up with a spot on your clothes!! It at least makes the spot look good again. I, too, try to sit down in the car sideways then spin my legs in to avoid rubbing the hip-hugger area. Sometimes, though, people park too close to make this possible. But, between the shoe-polish and regular leather cleaner/conditioner treatments (ZAINO), My seats are in much better shape than some others I've seen!

·
Registered
330 Posts
My seat cover looks like it went through a cheese-grater. My fat butt has a hard time squeezing in, so I cannot avoid but rub. Maybe 50Resto will do a group purchase for a bunch of driver side bullitt seat covers!!!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
So which part of our seats is vinyl, and which is the leather? I've read it both ways, while archiving. (I'm thinking the inside is the leather).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Car leather repair shop

I had some minor rub on my cars driver seat when I bought it. I took it to a paint bull detail shop that repairs stone chips. They also do leather repair. They did a great job repairing my drivers seat. They deyed and conditioned the scuff and blended it in with the rest of the seat perfectly. Looks like new. It was $50 or less. Definitely worth looking into.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
jdslyrbullitt said:
detail shop that repairs stone chips.
Interesting. I've got the nasty left side bolster on the drivers seat. Got an address for the shop? It's always good to check places with satisfied customers. Thanks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Jim5081 said:
Interesting. I've got the nasty left side bolster on the drivers seat. Got an address for the shop? It's always good to check places with satisfied customers. Thanks.

Paint Bull Express
3395 Bay Rd.
Saginaw, MI
989-790-8178

They should have shops in other locations.
They are the masters at paintless dents, dings, chips and leather seat repair.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
jdslyrbullitt said:
Paint Bull Express
3395 Bay Rd.
Saginaw, MI
989-790-8178
Hey, thanks. I can do I-75 one of these mornings

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Jeff Laughhunn said:
So which part of our seats is vinyl, and which is the leather? I've read it both ways, while archiving. (I'm thinking the inside is the leather).
My understanding is the inserts are vinyl, the area around it leather, and everything else vinyl. My opinion if the seats are wearing out that bad, Ford used some chintzy leather.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Upon further review...
(This _is_ a Thread-from-the-Dead)
You're most likely correct. The brochure brags about "Charcoal leather trim" to the seats. It's a shame, because I have a 30 year old leather jacket that's older than my children, and it has none of the wear that the 6 year old Bullitt seats exhibit.

·
Registered
453 Posts
PhotoRick said:
I always try to get my butt in the seat without rubbing the edge that seems to get so much wear. Looks goofy but it seems to help.
I agree, I do the same thing.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Left side bolster is a bit scuffed but, it gives the car a little character. Sorta like the wrinkles on my face. I can`t really avoid the side bolster when I get in because our garage is too narrow with two cars in it and my old knees scream at me a lot when I try to gingerly sit into only the seat portion. I use a lot of lexol every few weeks on the seats which keeps them in pretty good shape.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts