Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger seat sits right up against the door (rubbing against it), Has anyone had this problem, and if so what was the solution when it was taken to the dealership? Haven't had time to bring it to the dealership. thanks Mike DHG 3614

·
Registered
209 Posts
Mine does too. Everytime I make a left turn and there is a passenger the door and the seat rub. It makes a sqeeking noise and it bugs me. I haven't taken it in but I am not sure what can be done either. Let me know if you get it fixed or if anyone else has.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
at least i'm not having this problem with my baby!
the only seat problem i have is the one i carry around with me.....it's TOO BIG!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have DHG 3613 and have the same problem with the passenger seat rubbing on the door panel. I previously owned DHG 2439 and had the same problem. It is very annoying, the dealer said there was nothing to been done to correct the problem, I said bunk!

·
Registered
596 Posts
#4075 also has the seat noise when a passenger is in it. I don't think theres a way to fix it. The seat is just to damn close to the door.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt4075 on 2001-11-24 16:19 ]</font>

·
Registered
2 Posts
Before I took delivery of mine I noticed the front passenger seat back was up against the door. The dealer some how managed to fix the seat and now there is a good 1/4 to 1/2 inch between the door and the seat back. I am not sure what was involved. I will try to find out the details. Also, I had slop in the driver seat track that was corrected by replacing the track. Now things are good.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Has anyone been able to fix the passenger seat against the door problem yet? I'm building up the courage to bring #4865 to the dealer for minor problems and would like to get this fixed as well. If anybody has had a dealer fix this, could you please post what was done. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
I just got my car back from the dealer. They have fixed the seat rubbing on the door. Apparently, they just loosened the four seat to floor bolts and adjusted it to the left. That is what they told me. I haven't looked at the bolts to see if that is possible. I didn't think it was. Anyway, the seat is no longer against the door. The side bolster is within 1/4 inch, but no rub. They said that was as far as they could move it. Seems alright, time will tell.

·
Registered
69 Posts
1345 has no problem. I rode to lunch Fri. with a service writer at the dealership we work at in a 02 GT, and was all in the door panel it made a bad rubbing noise the entire time we drove it. I'm not sure if the seat has room for adjustment. I'll check tomorrow.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Good to hear it can be fixed. I had mine looked at twice for a rattle noise there. I believe the rattle comes from to plastic panel elements rubbing together (with or without the seat rubbing).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts