Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I'm sitting in my car idling, parked I might add. The seatbelt warning thing goes off. DING! DING! DING! It really irritates the hell out of me because when I'm parked I do not want to sit with my seatbelt on or even when the car is idling by itself. Anyone else see where I'm coming from?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt 717 on 2002-01-06 01:56 ]</font>

·
Registered
783 Posts
YES!!! That thing drove me nuts. You can plug in the seat belt and then unplug it to stop the dinging. But that got old too. So look in your owners manual and follow the instructions for making that dinging stop. The sequince of things you have to do is long so read it over a couple of times and then do it alone so you don't get distracted in the middle of all that fiddling around. Definetly worth the trouble though.

Look on page 85 of your owners guide under "Deactivating/activating the belt minder feature". and good luck.

·
Registered
716 Posts
The sequence does seem a bit wierd but it works great. It works on other late model Fords as well. I did it to all the Explorers and Crown Vics we use at work. One of my guys thought I was seriously messing with him about the sequence and figured I had someone off in the distance videoing him attempting to do something inane like one might on Candid Camera. So he went to a very remote area and parked where no one would see him. He performed the sequence mentioned in the manual and dang if it didn't work. He called me a short time later and thanked me.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Theres a way to do it?? Damn,.... o well, i just took the unit apart and removed the dinger from the circut board

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
The sequence from the owner's manual work's fine, but if I remember correctly it only disables the intermittent long-term chime. I think that the chime will still be active for a few seconds when the key is first turned unless the belt is fastened. I bought the Helm manuals, figured out the wiring diagrams and neutered the key in ignition chime and selt belt chime by cutting the wires going into their respective generic electronic modules. Now when I start the Bullitt all I hear is that attitude rumbling from the exhaust. And yes, I also rip the tags off my mattresses.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Helm makes shop manuals for Ford. I believe that the Mustang Owner's Manual has an address for Helm. Helm manuals can also be ordered from their website, www.helminc.com. I ordered off the web and got my set in about a week. You get the full set for about $180, not cheap but definitely nice to have. Anyway, upon studying the wiring diagrams I figured out what wires controlled the annoying seatbelt and key in ignition chimes and cut them at the Generic Electronic Modules in the driver's side footwell. My Bullitt is in semi-storage for the Colorado winter, but if you want I can go look at the car and provide details on what to do exactly. I wouldn't risk giving instructions from memory, as there are a lot of wires and I would want to give precise instructions. Just let me know and I would be happy to help. By the way, are you a Sooner fan? I'm class of '80 and my parents still live near OKC.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have the same problem, but it was easily resolved once I tried it accidentaly on both the Excursion and the Bullitt, first, put the seatbelt on to the buckle, start moving the car in reverse and then go forward. If your other vehicle is Auto, leave it in Drive and press the brakes, this process should take 1 minute, chime goes away. On the Bullitt I have not timed it yet, but ya can't leave it in Drive, so neutral should work fine. Basically the vehicle needs to see movement initially and then the "seatbelt monitor" shuts off.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No thanks, I'll go check out the Helm website. I did the process(when no one was looking of course)and she worked. (sigh)I'm glad that thing doesn't drive me nuts anymore. To answer the question, no I am not a Sooner fan. Not big on college football. I see so many OU flags around here it makes me sick after a year or so. I am a 49ers fan all the way! But helicopters take up most of my time. I'm a chopper pilot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts