Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Sell the Bullitt or the GMC?

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  R3DN1CK 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

Sorry I missed the Picnic, I was planning on going, but I purchased an old motorhome that I had to pickup that I am working on restoring.

That purchase forces me to sell the Bullitt or the 72 GMC short bed pick up I restored and have owned for 30 years. After a lot of soul searching and talking with my son we decided to sell the 72GMC. The GMC was his first vehicle he drove to high school when it was a six cylinder three speed that would not go over 65 mph. Perfect first vehicle from a Father's viewpoint. It is now a 383 roller cam six speed and buries the 100 mph speedometer in 4th gear and it does not take to long to get there. I don't know what the top speed of it is, I just know I don't want to be the person that finds out.The great thing about it is that you can cruise around in it like a little six cylinder with the smooth roller cam engine, or it well move out if you so desire.

The Bullitt my son had purchase in 2001 with 800 miles on it. He drove it a while then sold it to us real cheap at the time with 15,000 miles on it. We love
the Bullitt and the GMC, but the Bullitt is the vehicle I am eventually going to pass back to him.

If you know of a good home for the GMC, let me know. I have probably over 35K in it and plan on quick sale at 22K. Drive train has 13,000 miles on it. The speedometer was reset when we did it. The paint body done about 12 years ago. I get compliments when ever I take it out. I will probably put it in the Classic auto trader later this month or right after the new year.

The get together in Santa Barbara sounds like fun. I called today and left a message for Wigwam motel to make reservations for the 21st. I sure I will hear back from them later today.
Merry Christmas to everyone!
Casey

See less See more
#3 ·
Here are a few pictures,
383 roller with forged crank, forged rods, forged pistons, AFR Aluminum heads with Manley Stainless steel exhaust valves, High volume oil pump, 7 quart oil pan, hi torque starter, electric fuel pump, electronic ignition, Air Gap manifold, Holley Street Avenger double pumper, headman powder coated headers, have the build sheet and Bob card on the blue print and balancing, Comp Roller cam, with best roller lifters I could buy, High performance clutch and pressure plate, Trimec six speed transmission, same model that is in the Viper,custom stainless steel shifter ,balanced drive shaft, Eaton 4:10 posi, quick change Aluminum 3rd member cover, 2/12" andral exhaust from headers all the way back to rear bumper, sway bars front and rear, Disc brakes on all 4 wheels, Air shocks in rear, Bilstiens in front, Power steering, tilt wheel, A/C, am/fm, 4 speakers, Leather interior, La Carra steering wheel, carpet with sound blanket, have new Be Cool aluminum radiator never installed since the one in it was already new, etc etc
Casey

Attachments

#5 ·
Nice truck Casey......I remember years ago that you were having little problems with it and you got it sorted out.......I have a similar problem with our two Mustangs also.....Keep going back and forth on selling either one of them.....After doing the SEMA show I decided to keep them both.....The 68 is a money pit and always will be and the 7-up looks good but needs a lot of little things done.....Slowly but surely they'll get done......I know its a hard decision but you have all those great memories with it........

Attachments

#6 ·
:D That is one sweet truck! IMHO the GMC is a cut above its brethen in quality. I've had both GMC and Chevy trucks in different configurations over my 66 yrs. I understand your dilemma . Keep both!! Easy decision!!

#8 ·
Hey Don,

I have always liked the grill on the GMC's. I wish I could keep it, But now that I am retired, and on a fixed budget, I have to get it down to three vehicles. I have a new Chrysler 300C the wife drives, the Bullitt, and the Chinook motorhome. Parking is kind of a problem also. I just hope I can find it a good home.
Casey

#11 ·
Thanks Fred & Terry,

I just putt to home depot and run errands in it now and then. It usually just sits under the cover. I don't drive it in the rain. Once in a while I will run it through the brushless car wash if I am being lazy. When they are done wiping it down and I leave the car wash if you apply to much throttle in second it will get as squirrely as you wish.
I just want to find a good home for it.
Casey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.