Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Simple. There are currently plenty of used Bullitts out there and I doubt you're going to get your asking price. I sold mine last June with 9,000 miles on it for $16,000 after 2 months listing and lowering the price several times. I had it listed in Auto Trader, Classic Car Trader, and Yahoo Auto. Only got 1 offer and I took it. They're depreciating like any other Mustang.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Unfortunately we are not going to see a stablization of prices for quite a few more years. I would say somewhere in the neighborhood of 8-9K will be the low point for a excellent low mileage Bullitt. WIth the limited number of owners as members, we cannot positively affect the pricing. Can't sell if no one will buy at the price you are asking so you keep adjusting the pricing until someone buys...... The good news is Bullitts are holding their value better than regular 01 GTs.

The wild card will be the 08 Bullitt. It will be interesting to see how prices are affected once the car is out.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I have to say as a prospective buyer of a Bullitt that if I am going to spend 20k on one I'd rather have one with some (tasteful) mods than a ultra-low mileage stock one. That's just me, others may want to pay for the originality and pristene condition that your car no doubt offers....John:smile:

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
jclarke said:
Thanks Guys for the astute reply, reality sucks LOL
Sold mine recently for less than I hoped for. Reality is that the popularity of the current Mustang has put plenty of '99 to '04 Gt's on the market.

My dealership can buy '01's with average milage for under 8K wholesale.

At least the Bullitt is about $1,500 or more over a comparable milage/ year GT. That's retail, of course.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have lowered the asking price on craig's list to $18,000.00 http://ventura.craigslist.org/car/297239683.html

Oh and just to let everyone know they (craig) sells you name, phone number and information you give him even when you check the box to not be bothered by outside sources. I have had 3 different car selling companys call my cell phone and as if I would pay $150 to gurarntee selling my car.
____ing jerks

·
Premium Member
6,282 Posts
Bullitt
25,000 miles
great shape/like new
$18,000
I have never seen it happen.
Maybe with 3,000 miles or less but not 25K

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
If you want to sell the Bullitt, think closer to $14,500-15,000.

Anyone can get $25K for a new car. But a special edition that is only 6-7 years old, no way. Maybe when it's 26-27 years old and under 10K miles. The sad part is that is the good news... :-(

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have two questions
1. Why does this post keep disappearing yet all the others stay?
2. With a low production of these awesome cars why do the owners keep selling them so cheap? That's what has dropped the price. IMHO When I first joined here the were not that cheap. It's the IMHO ---- people that as on and like Ebay morons undercutting everyone they can.
If all the Bullitt owners stood their ground no one could steal one for $13,000 wich is a total joke.
Jeff

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I don't think Bullitt owners would sell them cheap if the higher money was out there. Although only 5582 were produced they are just not that collectable.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
With a low production of these awesome cars why do the owners keep selling them so cheap
I agree with the other posts. You are just not going to get that kind of money for one of these cars....yet. At 6 years old they really have not even finished depreciating yet. At some point in the near future they will hit a basement level and then slowly begin to go back up as more & more come out of service or become salvage titled cars for whatever the reasons may be. As a buyer right now its a good situation because there are still plenty of fairly low mile (25k or under) un-modified cars out there that can be bought for 15k or under. If you want to get the kind of money you are looking for you will need to keep the car a while longer, unless you stumble onto the "right buyer". :wink:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I bought my bullitt for 17k and it had only 2200mi on it....I stole it, you need to be lucky and find the right seller. I't had all the paperwork and he threw in 10 bullitt poster's- 4 model cars.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
People are selling them at what the market is currently willing to pay for them or you won't sell it. You'll see when you get no activity. You can ask whatever you want. Getting it is another story. Currently Bullitts are depreciating like any other Mustang.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Bought my Bullitt last Jan for 16K with 24.500 miles

One year later and at 38,000 miles [and in as good shape as the day I purchased it] I started at $15,250.

After several reductions in price, listed on 6 Mustang web-sites and having only 2 long distance inquiries in 3 months I finally put it on Auto Trader at below 14k.

Too many late model Mustangs out there.

Sold to a young man who will treat the car as it should be treated.

·
Premium Member
6,282 Posts
I think the general public prefers the new body style to the SN95. Apparently the larger size and weight are seen as positive attributes. For those who would like to buy an original Bullitt, it's a buyer's market. Good news for them.

So, for those of us who own them, if there is any way ..... just KEEP your beautiful, original, limited production, fabulous-handling BULLITT! (reality, bills, etc... who needs it?)

·
Registered
565 Posts
To provide a reference point - I just paid 12k for a near-pristine Bullitt with 30,000 miles. I got the impression from the seller that I was the only one pursuing the car. Kinda sad for those who were hoping to see these cars hold their value better, but I was happy to see such a fine car available in my price range.

jclark - sorry about us carrying on in your thread - hopefully the California market will be kind to you - good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
When the new Bullitt comes out the publicity will help the 2001 resale value I would think. At least make it a little easier to sell. The majority of people have no idea what a Bullitt Mustang is. So when you put out an ad to sell it for $17,000 and they look on Kelley Blue Book and it's listed for $12,000 it can make selling tough. Heck most Ford salesmen don't know what a Bullitt is.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts