Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering, with a new Bullitt coming out do you think it might be harder to sell a 2001 Bullitt? Maybe some people who want a Bullitt may just wait for the new one. This new Mustang seems to be a hit when it comes to folks who like the "old" look of the 'stang and since the Bullitt movie was released in the 60s that ties the two even closer. What do you think?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not so Fast ....

I'm sure the new Bullitt will be an instant classic and a highly desirable vehicle. However, I would be shocked if they will sticker for less than $35,000 (heck, my 2001 stickered for $27,000. Further, I would expect that dealers will be treating them similar to Shelby's and sell them for sticker plus ... making it hard to touch one for less than $40K. Ultimately, I think our Bullitts will climb in value and still look like a bargain compared to the new ones.

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Yes, the new Bullitt hype will have a lot of buyers looking at the originals for sale at less than half the price.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We shall see.................

The 3 dealers I talked to back in June of 2001 were NOT adding any mark-up to the Bullitt, (the Cobra,YES.) And yes ,I plunked down 26,000 CASH for my Bullitt back in 2001, almost 6 years ago so, 30,000 - 33,000 ain't that bad.( come on, you know the price is going to go up not stay the same besides, this IS A WHOLE NEW CAR NOT JUST A BODY.) Remember that a Cobra went for 30,000 in 2001.
Still, I get guys that want to race me and say it's a slow car. That's ok, I tell'm to wait here and I go home and come back with my 03 Cobra and BLOW THERE DOORS OFF WITH 480 HP AT THE TIRES.....:lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts