Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay - So what is the best way to sell a car - any car - To ensure the seller is not being ripped off?

How should the buyer pay - Cark - Check - Money order???

Title transfer - Notery?

Licenses - Go to a registration office or buyer can drive off with my licenses?

any tips or advice?

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I want cash or certified check, and with that check I will call the bank that issued the check for verification. In my state I only have to sign the title as the seller, and no YOU WILL NOT drive away in your recently purchased car on my license or insurance. no you won't, no you won't ever, ever, ever. I am only protecting myself. I always have someone else present when the transaction occurs, for safety and as a witness if one is ever needed.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
If they are from in state I go to the sub court house with them and make sure they register the car in their name. Everytime the guy buying my car acts hurt like I have offended them. But, I would take offense if they didn't register the car and went out and committed some crime using a car that is still in my name. Also, I like cash. I'm not smart enough to keep track of all the banks and money orders out there. So, rather than be dumb, I'm safe.:neutral:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts