Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope you guys don't mind me posting this here. I made a similar post on SVTP's Cobra R section. I am putting my SuperFormance MKIII 427 Cobra 427 S/C up for sale to find a nice 2000 Cobra R. But, if there is any 00R owner that might be interested in a trade, or ever had a dream of owning a 427 style Cobra, I would be interested in a possible straight across trade (assuming the 2000 R is in very nice condition).

SuperFormance (SPF) Cobras are one of the finest replica Cobras out there. This is NOT a kit car. This car was manufactured in South Africa by SPF. Here is a link to the SPF page about the MKIII Cobra..
http://superformance.com/MKIII.aspx

Here is a bit of info, and some pics, on my SuperFormance Cobra. Feel free to PM me if interested.

2001 Superformance Cobra
chassis number SP01038
Silver with Black stripes.

Registered under “SB-100” (California Senate Bill 100)— No smog certification needed, no California registration hassles for the LIFE of the car. SMOG FREE. Car is currently registered and titled in California. The vehicle's registered VIN is also it's SPO chassis number (just like original CSX Cobras).

Ford Racing crate motor 392 stroker (351W block), 475hp, 750 CFM Holley, MSD Billet distributor, Canton Racing 10 quart road racing oil pan, steel billet flywheel, Ford Racing high performance harmonic damper, Tremec 5-speed transmission, Ford 8.8 IRS with 3.73:1-ratio, Wilwood 4-piston calipers, Bilstein coil over shocks, Halibrand-style pin-drive wheels (with knock off's and safety wire), BF Goodrich tires, Rears are 305/50/15. Original style Smiths gauges, Moto-Lita leather-wrapped steering wheel, top grain leather seats, Halon fire extinguisher, SuperFormance soft top, side curtains and tonneau cover, custom made black fabric car cover included. Only 2,700 total miles.

$50,000

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
That ride make my heart go pitty patter, the Cobra R makes my heart go PITTY PATTER. Best of luck with the sale.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I kind of can't believe I'm doing this. I love my 427 car.. but an "all Coletti" garage would be really cool. A 2000 Cobra R parked along side my 600 rwhp '03 Cobra just seems like a cool idea.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
very nice car man, if I had the spare cash I may just want to come have a closer look.

Good luck with the sale, I hope you can find her a loving home.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
You're selling again???? :lol: Good luck! If I run across one locally, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
2000 cobra r have been going on ebay for 40K with 4,000 miles or less

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
BigBullitt said:
You're selling again???? :lol: Good luck! If I run across one locally, I'll let you know.
Agree with this....Didn't you just pick this up last year?????You got rid of your super nice Pantera...

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
chrisW said:
2000 cobra r have been going on ebay for 40K with 4,000 miles or less
I could save $40-K. I sure do wish I could find a 2000-R with only 4,000 miles for that price. :badgrin:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HA HA!!

Yep... selling again. I have only had the 427 for about 1 1/2 years. And yes, it replaced my DeTomaso Pantera... which I owned for about 3 years. I have always liked the 2000 Cobra R cars. A friend of mine bought one not long ago... and I decided I want one now. I don't have room to get an 00R and keep the 427. I'll be really sad to see the 427 go. It's NO JOKE.. the most amazing car I have ever owned. The power to weight is INSANE, the quality is SUPERB, and it looks AMAZING. But, I've owned it.. and it's time to try something new.

As far as the 2000 Cobra R pricing.. there have been 3 on Ebay recently that didn't meet their reserve prices, and had high bids in the low 40K range. The market isn't very good on them right now. My Cobra is worth a bit more. It's a good time to make the switch.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Your Superformance is awesome.
I toured there facitity in Cincinnati earlier this year looking at the GT40. I must say nice cars and well worth the money. If I had an extra $100,000 laying around I would be driving a GT40, if I had an extra $75,000 laying around I'd be driving a cobra.

Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks!

If you visited a SuperFormance place here in the US.. it was a dealer. SuperFormance cars are all made, and built, in South Africa. They are delivered to dealers here in the USA as a complete rolling chassis (no motor/trans). They are painted, and fully assembled. SPF cars are not available in kit form. They are one of the best replicas out there. In my last show the car actually beat out a CSX4000 series Cobra! It was pretty funny. The owner jokingly said "Hey, that's not fair. Mine is from Shelby!" His also cost over $100K. If you buy a "glass" Cobra from Shelby.. it's a SuperFormance Cobra. Shelby buys his non aluminum cars from them too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Green Bullitt said:
Thanks!

If you visited a SuperFormance place here in the US.. it was a dealer. SuperFormance cars are all made, and built, in South Africa. They are delivered to dealers here in the USA as a complete rolling chassis (no motor/trans). They are painted, and fully assembled. SPF cars are not available in kit form. They are one of the best replicas out there. In my last show the car actually beat out a CSX4000 series Cobra! It was pretty funny. The owner jokingly said "Hey, that's not fair. Mine is from Shelby!" His also cost over $100K. If you buy a "glass" Cobra from Shelby.. it's a SuperFormance Cobra. Shelby buys his non aluminum cars from them too.

Yeah it was a dealer. What atracted me to Superformance was that the VIN #'s actually pick up where the GT40 left off. And they are the only replica that uses the original body parts(I'm not sure how but that was what the salesman told me).

They're also nice because you can choose your drive train.

I would definitely go with the 427cj.

I guess the prices have really gone up in the past few years.
I have a brochure from them a few years ago and the cobra was going from $46,000-$63,000 depending on the engine.
Now they are $75,000.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
09 Black Sunshine said:
Yeah it was a dealer. What atracted me to Superformance was that the VIN #'s actually pick up where the GT40 left off. And they are the only replica that uses the original body parts(I'm not sure how but that was what the salesman told me).
As far as the VIN numbers... "real" Cobras (those made in the 60's) all had VINs that started with CSX (such as CSX2031). The last 4 numbers of the VIN are the chassis number of that Cobra. The "continuation" Cobras being built by Shelby today all start with CSX4000 (4000 series numbers indicate a "new" built Cobra). So, when I had the CHP issue the VIN for my SuperFormance Cobra I got the inspector to make it my chassis number also. The chassis number of my Cobra is 1038... so my VIN is SPO1038.

I figure if the car is already a dead on replica.. why not make the VIN just as original as I can too. It's funny.. EVERY time I'm getting gas I have people walk up, look over the car, and ask.. "Wow this is nice..is it real?" I always laugh and say "touch it, does it feel real?"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.