Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went over to the Ford dealer in a nearby small town Saturday. Presently, I am #1 on the list to get the first Bullitt that comes in there. Well anyway, the assistant mgr guy took me in the back to the shop to show me a red GT500 that was being prepped to put on the show room floor. That car is unbelievably beautiful and is really the car I have always wanted- but just too much. I think I could get that one for 55K but I am close to retirement and not the best time to even try to put out that kind of money. Well here is more to the story. They had a 05 red GT convert sitting out with the top down. This car had just been sold to the dealership by a guy who won it 3 yrs ago in a Marlboro cig contest. I told about this situation in a previous thread. This car would have stickered at about 35K when it was new. The guy did not / could not pay the taxes on the car and has been trying to sell it for 2 years. He finally gave up and sold it to the dealership with 16 miles on it. He actually trailered it to the dealership. The assistant mgr guy took me for a ride in it. It is an AT BUT man it could really sit you back in the seat and it sounds great. It really got me thinking, The car now has 100 miles on it. I know it is an 05 but it is essentially new and I think I could get it for 22 or 23K. Thoughts?

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
What are your thoughts. If you believe you will like the Bullitt more then wait on it. However if the 05 vert turns your crank, well....

·
Registered
453 Posts
Sounds like a great deal for the 05 with only 100 miles. I would be very tempted to go with the 05. The $10 k your saving would go a long way towards mods. But you need to be happy with your decision. Verts are nice, lot of fun with the top down. I just sold my 98 GT Vert, but I still have my 73 Vert. Do you plan on keeping the Bullitt and 98 GT, if so the vert would round out your collection! Good luck with your decision, hard to go wrong either way.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I heard of an 03 Mach at a dealership near me with 17,000 miles going for 16,000. I got so excited at the possibility of having that in the garage next to 2429, that I didn't even think of the new Bullitt. I think that's the way I'm going to go when the opportunity arises a little bit later. If it turned you on, go for it!

·
Registered
722 Posts
I would get it.. I think once that new BULLITT hit showroom floors they will be 5-10,000 over sticker IMO..

·
Registered
803 Posts
We've already gone over this a lot. I don't see an adm for a lot of the bullitts and if you're on the list AND have kind of set an agreed price... you'll be fine. A vert is sweet, but with just 16 miles, I don't know if you'll be pulling 22k for it. You can try, but it's a stretch. Do what you want to do. For me, it's the new bullitt. Only you can answer your question about which one.

·
Administrator
6,311 Posts
A Bullitt coupe and GT convertible are such different driving experiences. What is more important to you? Is it cost or the car?

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Depends on the dealer. There may not be any ADM at some, and other dealers may discount them a couple bucks up front...

Do your home work and go make an offer for one before they even see one. IMHO, a sold car before delivery is a rare car nowadays.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts