Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick note to let anyone interested in sequential turn signals that we carry a kit for the 96-01 Mustangs. I am not recommending any kit over another but do ask that you consider our kit as we have some unique features. Our kit uses a special connector to convert the inner lamp to dual filament where as other kits have you cutting and replacing the lamp assembly. Only two (2) factory wires need to be cut per side which is the least you will find. A modified flasher is included w/ no core charge or requirement to send original back should you wish to remove and place on another car in the future. These kits are $99 (shipping included within US)
To learn more about these kits or to order feel free to visit my website at http://www.PonyPerformance.com and view the specials section.

Thanks for considering our kit

·
Registered
223 Posts
Mustanguy

Do you have video of the turn signals working?

Also does the kit come with the bulbs?

I know another place that has the complete kits and has video of how the kit works.

www.sequentialtaillights.com

Does your kit have the modified flasher unit?

I am really interested in making the lights sequential and I am loking for the best kit not necessarily the cheapest.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I have on order (they should be in today) the system from CDC http://www.classic-designconcepts.com. Their system is more expensive, $190.+ $75. refundable deposit, but there's no wire cutting involved. Just replace the wiring harness from the tail lights. Looks very simple to do. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Y2K

Thats a good price. Plus you don't need to cut into the wiring harness.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yeah, the Design Concepts one looks pretty easy. I was looking into getting a set. Let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
Bullitt 2075 wrote:

Do you have video of the turn signals working?
Also does the kit come with the bulbs?
I know another place that has the complete kits and has video of how the kit works.
Does your kit have the modified flasher unit?

I am really interested in making the lights sequential and I am loking for the best kit not necessarily the cheapest.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm sorry but I don't have a video, All these kits pretty much function the same and basically have the same look no matter who you buy them from. The 96-01 Mustangs all have a dual filament bulb already in place from the factory even though the lamp is only setup for the parking lamps in the inner position, no new bulb is needed. An exclusive connector is included which simply plugs into the inner lamp socket to convert to the dual filament so you don't need to cut and splice a new lamp in this location.
Included in the kit is a modified flasher as with most kits this has simply been modified to slow the flash to get a distictive 1-2-3 flash and yet the slower flash can't even be noticed from inside on the panel, it looks like the same speed from factory. If you view the technical section of our site you will find a diagram as well as a link to the full step by step install with pictures so you will have an idea as to what the installation involves. As mentioned previously or kit only requires 2 wires to be cut per side, this can be returned back to factory at anytime. We do NOT ask for a flasher to be returned so if you desired to put the car back stock you will still have the original. I understand you looking for the best kit for the money, this is one reason we decided to put our kit together.
If you have any questions feel free to contact me personally

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I installed the CDC kit yesterday. Piece of cake! Took me about an hour or so. Would have been less, but after installing the the first new harness in the tail light I realized they were left/right specific. So I had to start over again. Also, having a 11mm DEEP socket to get the tail light nuts off would have been real helpful. Overall I'm real pleased with the system. There was no wire cutting/splicing involved. Just plug 'em in. The replacement harnesses' are original Ford parts that have been modified by CDC. That's why they want the original harness back. I don't mind returning mine to them. I can't see ever wanting to switch back to stock. The lights add to the nostalgic feeling of the car. I know the old Mustangs never had this kind of set-up, but they are of "the period". Now I look forward to corners and lane changes to show off my even cooler than before Bullitt ass. Two thumbs up. :cool:

Bullitt #2759 Dark Highland Green
Mods: K&N, $7.00 dryer duct ram air, MGW tid-bits, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, aluminum driveshaft, CDC sequential taillights.
1969 AMC AMX #7831 390 4-speed Go Pack Hunter Green Metallic
Mods: None/stock

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Y2K16T8 on 2001-08-31 07:53 ]</font>

·
Registered
223 Posts
Y2K

Thanks for the info. I think I will order a set of the sequential tail lights from Design.

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts