Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a post that eluded to a "hidden S/N" for the Bullitt. Does anyone know where on the car this is? I've looked at the VIN, door post label and the buck tag attached to the body behind the left head light. Non of these seem to have any connection to the decal S/N? The buck tag had these numbers/letters stamped like this:

MAN

BULIT

Also, how do you determine the build date of the car? There are lots of tags on the engine with dates but I don't know how they relate to the build date.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Teddy!

That's a great idea using the fog lamp switch for something other than fog lamps. I'll keep that it mind if I add any electrical devices to the car.

·
Registered
360 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-11 18:44, hblattel wrote:
Also, how do you determine he build date of the car? There are lots of tags on the engine with dates but I don't know how they relate to the build date.

Thanks everyone!

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Reach under and around to the top of your rear bumper. The build sheet is attached there. It will have the date your car was built on it. Just be careful pulling it out. Also the door sticker will have month/year on it e.g. 4/01.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
Tracy, the door sticker date isn't the actual build date. Just a generic date that is the same on most cars, I think.
My door sticker says 4/01 and my build sheet say 4/18...

Vicki

·
Registered
360 Posts
Vicki, I think it is the month/year. My build sheet says "Sat Jun 9 02:05:37 2001" My door sticker says "Date: 06/01".

·
Registered
74 Posts
The original question was about another location of the Bullitt serial number. From a source at Ford World Headquarters, yes, there is another site that has "not been revealed" by the assembly plant (and it is not just another sticker). That's all I can shed - hope it helps

#945dhg

·
Registered
762 Posts
Can someone answer this question. If there is another site on the car other than the second that we already know about, what purpose would it serve if it is so secret a site that none of knows what or where it is??? Chances are that none of us will be buying a Bullitt in 25 years on the other hand we may decided then (or in some cases sooner) to sell. At that time how would the potential buyer be able to prove authenticity by this "additional mystery id" if we ourselves can't produce it to him or her???? Gosh darnit now my head hurts.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The very first day I got the car I pulled part of the build sheet from between the Styrofoam bumper and the body. Problem is I only got the corner of it :sad:. I went back and tried again but it appears I'd need to take the styro out to get at it. Anyone have success at getting his or hers out without removing the styro?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hblattel on 2001-08-12 18:05 ]</font>

·
Registered
193 Posts
It is just pot luck that determines how much of your build sheet will emerge from under the car when you pull it our. I got about 3/4 of mine.
I thought the second number was another sticker like on the shock tower placed under the back seat. I never looked to make sure, but a couple of Bullittheads actually tore out their backseats to find the darned thing.

·
Registered
184 Posts
It took me about 15 minutes, but I was able to pull the build sheet from the bumper. It is a little tricky, but patience may get you a long way. I got mine off intact with both pieces of masking tape still attached. I'll ask my dad what all the numbers and letters mean. Or can anyone can shed any light?

Mike
DHG #3463
San Ramon, CA.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
I'll resurrect this post from earlier for new "Bullittheads". Read on.....

Just to set the record straight, here is the
Build sheet strategy that is employed on all Mustangs. Each sheet is unique and does not have ALL of the build info on it:

1 sheet used for the Trim Area
1 sheet used for the Instrument Panel build
1 sheet used for the Chassis line
1 sheet used for the Engine line
1 sheet used for the Axle line

Generally, all of you should find the chassis sheet between the bumper foam and bumper beam. Some of you may find the axle sheet on top of the differential. The others are almost always thrown away. Have fun treasure hunting!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Our car was bought before the dealer prepped it. I washed the car at the dealership before taking delivery. I have the plastic from the interior that shows a build date of 7/17. They started to take the some stickers off of the windows, but I did manage to get one of the green "BULLITT" side window stickers. Haven't looked for the build sheet yet...will look tonight. Car has 135 miles now. DHG #4158

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
wow, i didn't even notice that on his "sig" bob.
what a COOL car to have Bull1tt! is it the orange color? wanna post a pic or link us to a pic! i'd love to see it!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was wondering who would notice that. It's an FY1 Lemon Twist 440-4bl, 4-spd car, 49k, #s matching eng and trans. Bucket seats w/pistol-grip shifter. I don't have pics posted anywhere, but could scan some. I bought it back in 7/79. (Yes, 22 years ago)
Car is currently undergoing restoration. Next summer/fall hope to see the road again.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
super birds and the daytona Chargers have to be some of the greastist cars of all time

·
Registered
28 Posts
It turns some heads. We were at the Mopar Nats this past saturday. (parts chasing) Found an NOS alternator, date coded that will go on the bird. We also go to Carlisle for the Ford show, then Chryslers in july.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
oh man, that brings back some memories!
right on jimmy ray, those were 2 awesome cars when i was a teen in the 70's
thanks for the pic bob

·
Registered
28 Posts
Last night I crawled under the rear bumper and used a plastic 99 cent 2" "Service Star" putty knife to remove the build sheet. I pulled the tape off the crossmember first, then used the knife to get the tape off between the styrofoam. Took about three minutes, pulled from top, used knife to spread foam from the metal. Did not tear sheet at all...
The build date was 7/19, the interior plastic coverings had 7/17 on them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULL1TT on 2001-08-14 12:49 ]</font>

·
Registered
119 Posts
My build sheet was still taped with one peace of masking tape to the front of the lower radiator cross brace. It was hanging down so I could see it while looking at the front of the car. I was really surprised it made it through the dealer prep. I haven't looked at the rear bumper for anything. Maybe I'll find another copy there. I'll let you know.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts