Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
These are Pilot Production cars that were used mainly as media cars. The media could sign the cars out for reviews. They were all manufactured prior to the production runs of both the 08 and 09 Bullitt. A select few were also used for durability testing.

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
I believe those are pre-production units.

Looks like Greg beat me to it!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So are they different from the 1PPXX serial numbers or the same?

·
Administrator
6,521 Posts
Bullitt4003 could probably comment on this definitively, but I believe the 4P cars are the last build just before the 1PP ones. I think the serial numbers are different. They are close to be saleable units, but then need to be brought up to the final production specifications.

Greg D., any comments?

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Administrator
6,521 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I can understand the confusion about the serial number's and plate ID's but what I don't get it how come the dealership has advertised this Bullitt as having a 5.4 liter engine on ebay when it only has a 4.6?

·
Registered
628 Posts
My guess is a simple typo, I've found the clueless dealers aren't smart enough to take a pic of the strut tower brace and this one did.

·
Registered
156 Posts
That dealer is actually pretty on top of it. A friend of mine is the GSM at one of their other stores. I would have jumped at this car but I had to have highland green.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts