Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home today my service engine soon light came on so I called the dealer on the cell and they told me not to worry that was just a emission sensor and to bring it in next week,so when I got home I checked for a code and got 5284 which is the oil pressure switch.man I can't belive that the dealer would tell me not to worry about it over the phone and not actually know the problem and now that I know that it has to do with the oil pressure and not emission I don't think I want to drive it.what a way to ruin and nice weekend...

·
Registered
31 Posts
SORRY TO GET OFF THE SUBJECT A MINUTE..BUT I WAS IN MESA AZ, ON TUESDAY SEPT 4TH AT ABOUT 5PM. I WAS DRIVING A RENTED @#$% KIA AND DAY DREAMING ABOUT MY BULLITT BACK HOME IN N.Y. WHEN A DHG CAME UP FAST BEHIND ME AND BLEW PAST ME..LEAVING ME SPINNING ON TOP OF A CACTUS. THIS WAS ON "60" AND THE BULLITT GOT OFF EXIT 185. WOULD THAT HAVE BEEN YOU? WANTED TO SAY THANKS FOR GIVING ME SOMETHING TO LOOK AT WHILE I WAS DOWN THERE. I MISSED MY BULLITT.

·
Registered
467 Posts
you can get the codes from the odometer. Inorder to get them you hold the trip reset button in put the key on not started and afetr 5 sec the odometer says test. let go. you can start your car. by pushing thru the trip reset button you cycle thru many readouts. tdc is codes and 5284 has to be up as the key was on and there was no oil pressure this is normal. after the codes you can get a didgital speedo eng is mph M is kph have fun when you shut of the car its an odometer again.

jjrocks
blk bullitt #2754
jim

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Thanks jjrocks,
I had the info on my own website and did not realize it.... I was thinking the oil switch would have been an OBII thing and I did not think we could get the OBII codes out... not paying enough attention.
Thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I think I'm going to have a talk with the GM when I take it in tomorrow,if you need to check out any codes you can go to mustang world and go to the tech section and it tells you how to do it and all the codes.I'll put a link to it later.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jjrocks: I shouldn't still get that code after the car was running should I?? I did it with it not running and then while it was and had the same code....

·
Registered
467 Posts
I get the oil switch code every time I use the odometer as a digital redout and I have great oil pressure

jjrocks
Blk Bullitt #2754
Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts