Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my signed letter from Scott Hoag, certifying that #0034 is the car that Chad McQueen jumped in the streets of San Fransisco during the introductory media event.

After the media event, Ford kept #0034 for 3 years, and then auctioned it off. It finally found its way into the hands of a guy who brought it to our MCA National show in 2005. He parked it in the for sale area. We had Scott Hoag at the show as our special guest. He was walking around the field meeting people and signing Bullitts and Mach1s. He saw #0034 and said, "Hey, this might be the car". He looked under it and said, "Yep, this is definitely the car". Word got around and I found Scott. I said, "Hey, I hear that Bullitt has been airborne?". He says, "That thing has frequent flyer miles!" We talked about it some more and he was positive it was the car. He said they brought the car back to Detroit and gave it a thorough inspection and found no suspension damage. The crossmember was gouged and the bumper lip was damaged, but nothing serious. I asked Scott if he would write a letter of authenticity if I bought the car, and he said he would.

Life got busy and we both let it slide, but I prompted him again earlier this year, and we finally got it done. Kind of cool to have a little piece of Ford history.

Here's a scan of the letter.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
awesome!

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
FrequentFlyer said:
Kind of cool to have a little piece of Ford history.
Not to mention knowing that your car is in the one picture that everyone remembers!

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Need to get a set of "Bullitt Wings" made up for your car!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Wow thats cool man!

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Man that is fantastic. Congrats to you sir.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Congrats on owning some Ford history!!!!!!!!!By the way, looks like you got a oil leak also..........

·
Registered
740 Posts
I think everyone here has on thier computer or the poster. That is cool. nice piece of history.

Rick

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
That is sweet. If you ever go to car shows with it, you should bring one of those small mirrors to give a view of the underneath, you've got some cool braggin' rights with those scuff marks ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts