Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with the HD radio tuner? Since I have the hands free accessory and I don't think I want to pay for Sirius after October, I was thinking this may be a good pickup. How much room is behind the head unit to mount something like this?
 

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
Joined
·
39,282 Posts
shotdisc98 said:
Anyone have experience with the HD radio tuner? Since I have the hands free accessory and I don't think I want to pay for Sirius after October, I was thinking this may be a good pickup. How much room is behind the head unit to mount something like this?
Gosh, Jeff, if I knew anything at all, I'd tell you, but it looks like everyone else is as uniformed about HD as I am. Good luck, though! Why don't you want Sirius?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,012 Posts
I think it's listed as a Ford accessory, so you'd think it would fit OK.

Isn't it controlled through the main radio head and not a separate tuner?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RCSignals said:
I think it's listed as a Ford accessory, so you'd think it would fit OK.

Isn't it controlled through the main radio head and not a separate tuner?
Yeah, it's a Ford accessory but will need another box to plug in to the head unit. I'm concerned there won't be much room in the dash with the Sirius and mobile ease units. I'm also thinking about if I want to spend $10/month on something I can get for free. The XM/Sirius merger may change my mind since I do like the XM on DirecTV, but, I'm so far unimpressed with the Sirius(although the Dead channel is nice...).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
shotdisc98 said:
Yeah, it's a Ford accessory but will need another box to plug in to the head unit. I'm concerned there won't be much room in the dash with the Sirius and mobile ease units. I'm also thinking about if I want to spend $10/month on something I can get for free. The XM/Sirius merger may change my mind since I do like the XM on DirecTV, but, I'm so far unimpressed with the Sirius(although the Dead channel is nice...).
The bad news about the merger is you're likely going to have to buy new hardware to take advantage of any additional programming.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
how are the mobile ease units working?

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sonov said:
how are the mobile ease units working?
I haven't had any problems with it. Works well with my phone, although I think it works best when dialing through the phone or using the phone's phone book.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm still keeping it in the back of my mind. I'm also curious about what equipment we'll need for the Sirius/XM merger. The MRT goodies look tasty too... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
Dave and Julie said:
You don't need to get any new hardware after the merger. They've already announced support of old hardware for the next 10-12 years.
I suspect Sirius didn't have much choice there... I think their financials are currently in a much bigger world of hurt! :eek: The long wait for Federal approval has taken a financial toll on both companies...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
495 Posts
And the same senator that didn't want to approve the merger because he thought some content indecent just got busted for taking gifts from oil companies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
Dave and Julie said:
And the same senator that didn't want to approve the merger because he thought some content indecent just got busted for taking gifts from oil companies.
Ahh... you must be referring to good ole Ted Stevens! :rolleyes: My mom tells an amusing story about him and his wife when I was a kid and my family lived in Anchorage (back in the early 1970's). Stevens used to strongarm the department store she worked at, then called Northern Commercial, to stay open after normal business hours so he (and his late wife Ann) could shop at the store. Heaven forbid they should shop when his constituents were also shopping at the store! :badgrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Martimus said:
Ahh... you must be referring to good ole Ted Stevens! :rolleyes: My mom tells an amusing story about him and his wife when I was a kid and my family lived in Anchorage (back in the early 1970's). Stevens used to strongarm the department store she worked at, then called Northern Commercial, to stay open after normal business hours so he (and his late wife Ann) could shop at the store. Heaven forbid they should shop when his constituents were also shopping at the store! :badgrin:
Sweet! A day in the life of a politician...:wink:

At least we won't need new equipment. And with the new pricing, maybe I will be able to listen to XM Deep Tracks and Sirius Classic Vinyl for cheaper. :cool:
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top