Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just received a couple of sham-wows (towels) as a gift. Has anyone tried these on their Bullitt? Do they scratch? It seems a little abrasive to the touch. I have had good luck with the micro-fiber towels...just wondering. I am totally anal when it comes to those dang swirl marks.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I thought about those but I'd be afraid they might strip the wax off. Test 'em and let us know if you note the wax being stripped off.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I've been waiting to hear about those too....I have been using "the Absorber" for years and pleased. As with anything we dry our cars with you have to clean/rinse/wash it after every use....to rid it of the microscopic sand pieces.

Has anyone used a Sham-Wow on a car?

Ichibanbullitt

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
I use those blue paper towel things that you get from the machine at the car wash. They're $0.75 and work great!

·
Banned
1,313 Posts
RCSignals said:
What are they made of?
Stuff like that sold on TV is suspect. Could be great though
I make it household policy to buy NOTHING that the irritating Billy Mays sells, PERIOD. He is even way way way more irritating than I am.:wink:

Now that I think about it, he doesn't sell the sham wow deals does he? Still ain't buying them. That guy is a pain in the a$$ too!

I use micro fiber towels that I buy at Oreilly's.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
onefastbob said:
I make it household policy to buy NOTHING that the irritating Billy Mays sells, PERIOD. He is even way way way more irritating than I am.:wink:

Now that I think about it, he doesn't sell the sham wow deals does he? Still ain't buying them. That guy is a pain in the a$$ too!

I use micro fiber towels that I buy at Oreilly's.
I like you philosphy boB! I don't buy anything off the TV, or over the phone.

BTW. How is it that you know that guys name, I refuse to even listen to his schtick.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bought them earlier this year and all they do is push the water around. Good for soaking up large spills around the house but not for drying a car. I still haven't found anything better than 100% Egyptian Cotton towels. Sham-Wow? With the Sham-Wow it's like trying to dry your car with a kitchen sponge and when it's slightly damp they're useless for drying. More of a "Sham" than "Wow".

·
Registered
110 Posts
I wash my bullitt constantly and only use micro fiber towels.It has zero scratches or swirls.I hate them in dark colors and have gone to great lengths to not have them,I wouldn't be experimenting with unknown stuff.I stick to what works.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
glennster5.0 said:
I wash my bullitt constantly and only use micro fiber towels.It has zero scratches or swirls.I hate them in dark colors and have gone to great lengths to not have them,I wouldn't be experimenting with unknown stuff.I stick to what works.
Agreed !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Several years back, I started on my 05 with a genuine chamois. Then, after reading tons of input on Mustang Forums, I switched over to micro-fiber towels....

Now, I use a micro-fiber water absorber towel, then follow with a regular micro fiber. This is the ticket for me. Oh, and it also helps if you spray the area to be dried, with your favorite detail spray, just prior to drying.....

Mike

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a similar cloth, and I find it absorbs water very well, too well, that it seems to "suck itself" onto the car surface. I was worried about scrathes, and now prefer to use a good quality chamois (which I'm still careful with).

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
GOT OATZ said:
Several years back, I started on my 05 with a genuine chamois. Then, after reading tons of input on Mustang Forums, I switched over to micro-fiber towels....

Mike
Yep, no real chamois on my ride, animal hide on paint?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks

Thanks for your input. I found a good use for these things over the weekend. Mom visited with her spastic Boston Terrier...they pick up poop out of the grass very efficiently!!

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
adamlazlo said:
Bought them earlier this year and all they do is push the water around. Good for soaking up large spills around the house but not for drying a car. I still haven't found anything better than 100% Egyptian Cotton towels. Sham-Wow? With the Sham-Wow it's like trying to dry your car with a kitchen sponge and when it's slightly damp they're useless for drying. More of a "Sham" than "Wow".

Agree with this.....I also use the Asborber and love it.......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.