Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In referencing some of my controversial posts on the lack of power options for the 2008 BULLITT (and the responses to some of them ... LOL) earlier this week, I found this on another site and decided to cut-and-paste here. This is from MONDO at the Winding Road site posted January 20th, 2007 @ 6:28 PM and it is an example of what I was talking about (especially what I put in bold italics below):

Hmm….I need to see more of it to get the full picture of the 09 stang.
Needs more aggressive/original styling not euro imitation. Seems to me more like a larger version of the Scion Tc with fog lights. I can’t stand the front end euro looks.

Bring back the 1970 mustang looks with the side scoops of the fastback, front end styling, and add a shelby billet grill (no more fog lights or trunk lid spoilers please). Clean & simple styling that is American!

Bring back the 302ci, 351ci, and 428ci to get more torque and more horsepower. I know they will fit the engine bay. Ford needs to let go of the small displacement engines 4.2L, 4.6L, 5.4L, don’t cut it anymore!!!! The 350+ Chevys LS2 and 383 Dodge motors are too much for a ford 281ci. IT will be cheaper and better performance wise to add more bore and stoke; than to invest in $3000 superchargers for the mustangs.

People who buy honda/toyota are fools! REMEMBER THE MORE COMPLEX YOU MAKE SOMETHING THE MORE LIKELY IT WILL BREAK DOWN! Those japanese cars are too small and breakdown like every other car. But costs 30% more than domestics to fix them (I am an ASE tech). Just think about the cost to replace the stock exhaust system on a civic with a tuner style catback that charges you $400+ for a 2 inch pipe, only 1 little muffler, and a cheesy 4in tail pipe! Now that’s a crime.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Well said! Hopefully Ford has something in the wings to compete. Maybe they will do like they did to Nissian. Nissian announced their towing weight while Ford understated theirs on the new F150. When the production F150 came out it was way over the Nissian.

Maybe they will do the same thing to compete with the new Camaro......

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
droopysbullitt said:
Well said! Hopefully Ford has something in the wings to compete. Maybe they will do like they did to Nissian. Nissian announced their towing weight while Ford understated theirs on the new F150. When the production F150 came out it was way over the Nissian.

Maybe they will do the same thing to compete with the new Camaro......
Yes, and one of the things I thought of before I posted that on here is that I am getting SOOOOOO TIRED of seeing the recent Toyota truck commercials flash across my TV screen day after day.

I simply will never buy a Toyota or Nissan truck. I just can't get myself to buy a foreign-made vehicle after being told all my life that when you buy a foreign car/truck you knock up to 6 Americans out of work.

It's like what you pointed out to me once about 6-cyl Mustangs; the sales of so many 6-cyl. cars helps to provide development for the SE(s). GOOD POINT ... and along similar lines some folks have argued that if it wasn't for foreign compettition our American cars would be sub-standard ... I say OK, fine if that is your opinion (although I don't like it ... LOL).

In a country of free trade maybe there isn't anything wrong with opening our ports for foreign vehicles to compete ... but the SATURATION of the U.S. auto market with foreign vehicles has simply GOT TO STOP ... !!! (GRRRRRRRRRRRR)

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
Talking about power...

You might have thought that I was nuts when I posted about the rumor of a having only six banger Camaro.:shock: :exclaim: :frown: In Motor Trend this month there is an article on the Corvette's future.:arrow: Chevy/GM is considering the possibility of a four cylinder Vette in the future.:mad: At least that is one of thier scenarios.:exclaim: :exclaim: :rolleyes:

Kinda puts the new CAFE standards into a new perspective, doesn't it?:doubt:

And so then, where is the Mustang going? Greenies are being real PITA with their save the world champaign...:mad:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DavidMidgley said:
Talking about power...

You might have thought that I was nuts when I posted about the rumor of a having only six banger Camaro.:shock: :exclaim: :frown: In Motor Trend this month there is an article on the Corvette's future.:arrow: Chevy/GM is considering the possibility of a four cylinder Vette in the future.:mad: At least that is one of thier scenarios.:exclaim: :exclaim: :rolleyes:

Kinda puts the new CAFE standards into a new perspective, doesn't it?:doubt:

And so then, where is the Mustang going? Greenies are being real PITA with their save the world champaign...:mad:
I think if auto enthusiasts went on a major letter-writing campaign to Congress the same way folks did to Ford back when they were going to make the Mustang the Probe, we just might get that nonsense new C.A.F.E. repealed.

What was the government's justification for a GG tax anyway ???

Problems are:

How many would actually sit down and write?

Lots of folks that would write wont until the 4-cyl. Vette becomes a reality, then of course it will be too late ... !!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I read that article as well on the corvette and here where there options or scenarios

1) go to a modular 5.0 so that they could use the variable valve timing for a more effiecient motor

2)create the corvette into there same group and the solstice and saturn sky platform

3)split corvette away from chevrolet and make a mid-rear engine ferrari type sports car that costs lot.

4) or stay the same as it is and change out the "sloppy tremec 56" for a better tranmission.

i cant remember it all but i believe that was the basic of the article

1 - 6 of 6 Posts