Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
been to that shop...they F'd up my gear install. Cost me $280 and a set of 4.10 gears....

But sweet cobra. Looks like it might need a tune there, looked a lil rich from the tailpipes.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I wonder if that smoke isn't from the oil off the new pipes from manufacturing the tubes. They are soaking wet in oil/water mix from the tube factory when manufactured. And that is on the interior as well as the exterior of the tubes.
Being too rich would produce black or maybe blue/black exhaust smoke...and that's white/grey color smoke.

44 rwhp? Sure, that's less than 10% increase from factory.

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
Paul.......
Picked up 17 hp changing the stock mufflers to Flowmasters. These cars just like the 03/04 Cobras need to breathe. Mine stock only dynoed 435 hp after a CAI, Tune, Flowmasters, and a 2.8 pulley (which is slipping, only making 10 #' of boost) = 530 rwhp!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
It's not that Ford doesn't factor in the ability to breathe into their motors, it's the fact that since they're forced induction, they're pretty simple to make power with. Basically, you're not gonna overpower your exhaust in comparison with your intake with a supercharger, so anything to make that supercharger more efficient at all makes a huge difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts