Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to put this out ! Go easy on those shifts unless u want a bent shift fork! You see Ford doesnt have mechanical overtravel stops in there shifter! So if u really want to wrench down on her make sure u get a heavy duty aftermarket one with stops to prevent that nasty overtravel! Thanx Havgun #1676 I have a tri-ax just need to install it!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Put it IN!!! I installed the Tri-ax and Aluminum D/S yesterday. The shifter made a big difference. The jury is still out on the D/S, but I will say this about it, the clunking is gone or I can't here it over the motor.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Having just done a rebuild on a Tremec T56 from and F body, I can also advise a shifter with stops if this new Tremec is similar. The T56 has no internal stops other than a small guide plate on the shifter shaft. It has aluminum shift forks for 1-2 and 3-4 gears and 516. Funny thing is that they install a steel shift fork on reverse.. go figure.

Also, in Tremec tradition, all the forks have plastic pads on the fork tips so get those shifters with stops in soon if you are a hard shifting type.

Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts