Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The January, 2008 issue of Motor Trend magazine reads that the 08 "Bullitt" will reach 60mph in 5 seconds. Do any of you know the rpm shift intervals to reach 60mph in 5 seconds. Yesterday, I shifted out of first into second at 6,000 rpms. Upon shifting into second, I was thrown back into the seat with a great deal of force.
I know I reached 60mph in second gear and was well under the redline of 6500 rpms. I reached 60 mph in pretty close to 5 seconds but couldn't say the exact time it took me to get there. I was to:wink: busy looking at the road ahead of me and could only glance down at the rpms and my stopwatch. I'll say this however, this car will **** and get. Sorry about the reference concerning the voided waste.

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
richard said:
The January, 2008 issue of Motor Trend magazine reads that the 08 "Bullitt" will reach 60mph in 5 seconds. Do any of you know the rpm shift intervals to reach 60mph in 5 seconds. Yesterday, I shifted out of first into second at 6,000 rpms. Upon shifting into second, I was thrown back into the seat with a great deal of force.
I know I reached 60mph in second gear and was well under the redline of 6500 rpms. I reached 60 mph in pretty close to 5 seconds but couldn't say the exact time it took me to get there. I was to:wink: busy looking at the road ahead of me and could only glance down at the rpms and my stopwatch. I'll say this however, this car will **** and get. Sorry about the reference concerning the voided waste.
I agree Richard when you get behind the wheel and do that to see what you can do I always forget to look at the cluster when I need to. To feel the rear end squat down and then you feel yourself being forced back into the seat is a rush that makes me think of nothing else but to look straight ahead watch out for cops.:badgrin: :badgrin:

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
I believe that 2nd gear tops out at 70 mph. So with that said , you should be @5500 rpm to get 60 mph. It is soooo hard to look down at your gages when you are having a BULLITT moment :}

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
BlackPony said:
It is soooo hard to look down at your gages when you are having a BULLITT moment :}

And here I thought I was the only one that suffered from that... ;)

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Personally I am very much considering a high end tach on the dash.

A big tach......

Like this...........

M-17360-A201 Ford Racing Logo
Our Ford Racing 10,000 RPM tachometers are designed and built for professional competition. They are fully electronic and do not require a tach-drive distributor for hook-up. They can be adapted to 4-, 6- and 8-cylinder engines and used with Ford, MSD, and most other electronic ignition systems. Ties into dash lights for night driving.

CHECK THESE OUTSTANDING FEATURES

Accurate, dependable readings up to 10,000 RPM

Quick response, without pointer flutter

Bold 5" diameter dial with bright red pointer

Easy-to-read black numbers and graduations on white background with red needle and Ford Racing or Ford SVO logo

Bright lighting for night racing

Comes with all hardware, including shock-resistant mounting and bracket

Driver adjustable shift point

“Dial-in” shift point accuracy

Push-button recall for verification

High-intensity shift light
NOTE: 1999 and newer vehicles may require a tach driver, not included.

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
Are you just needing something for redline shifts Terry? If so you might consider this:

http://www.raptorperformance.com/

A little more stealth. :cool:
Charles,

I have read and seen Pics of the Shift Light before and think it pretty darn cool.

I think I would like a Tach up on the dash like my 1966 Shelby GT 350 had back in the day.

You can then see what is going on as you pour on the Gas...........

Hard to look down through the steering wheel and find the tach to read it and NOT BUMP Rev-Limiter as I have done more than a couple of times.

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Terry. Let me know how to install on dash with out putting hole in it. Do you have a special bracket. That tach looks really cool in the new mustangs. Friend of mine with gt installed on dash but put a hole in dash, that didnt look good. Hope your having great weekend. I installed my aluminum overflow tank and aluminum powersteering tank yesterday looking good will send pics soon.. Take care big guy. BE SAFE JOHN

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
40,835 Posts
SUGGESTION

For those of you having problems keeping your head down (looking at gauges) during fast take-offs in the Bullitt, I suggest
GOLF LESSONS!

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
cpd0924 said:
Terry. Let me know how to install on dash with out putting hole in it. Do you have a special bracket. That tach looks really cool in the new mustangs. Friend of mine with gt installed on dash but put a hole in dash, that didnt look good. Hope your having great weekend. I installed my aluminum overflow tank and aluminum powersteering tank yesterday looking good will send pics soon.. Take care big guy. BE SAFE JOHN
Man you were up like EARLY in the AM this morning :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

I installed my aluminum overflow tank and aluminum powersteering tank yesterday
I bet they Both Look Great !!!!!!!!!

Back to the tach and Mounting it.

I think there would have to be "HOLES" as you said your Friend Did.........

That is why there is NOT one YET on My-Dash.........

Still thinking about this.........

Won't be a Quick Decision I don't think.........

Later,

Tigerhonaker

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tigerhonaker said:
Personally I am very much considering a high end tach on the dash.

A big tach......

Like this...........

M-17360-A201 Ford Racing Logo
Our Ford Racing 10,000 RPM tachometers are designed and built for professional competition. They are fully electronic and do not require a tach-drive distributor for hook-up. They can be adapted to 4-, 6- and 8-cylinder engines and used with Ford, MSD, and most other electronic ignition systems. Ties into dash lights for night driving.

CHECK THESE OUTSTANDING FEATURES

Accurate, dependable readings up to 10,000 RPM

Quick response, without pointer flutter

Bold 5" diameter dial with bright red pointer

Easy-to-read black numbers and graduations on white background with red needle and Ford Racing or Ford SVO logo

Bright lighting for night racing

Comes with all hardware, including shock-resistant mounting and bracket

Driver adjustable shift point

“Dial-in” shift point accuracy

Push-button recall for verification

High-intensity shift light
NOTE: 1999 and newer vehicles may require a tach driver, not included.

tigerhonaker
This does look GREAT. how much $ do these cost?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Around 250.oo depending on where you purchase it. Does any body know if somebody makes special bracket as not to drill hole in top of dash. thanks JOHN

·
Registered
168 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
Are you just needing something for redline shifts Terry? If so you might consider this:

http://www.raptorperformance.com/

A little more stealth. :cool:
By all means get a Raptor shift light...
I had one on my Hayabusa, and it made it much easier to twist it up and concentrate on the road ahead of you instead of watching the tach...
Thet are relatively cheap, and really easy to install...

David

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Lately I've BUMP the Rev-Limiter more than a couple of times also. So last week I installed a Raptor shift light into 1883

Really easy to see, I like. :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.