Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a shift light in their bullitt??? I was thinking it might be a cool little toy and help me nail shifts. Any info on this topic would be excellent.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
MSD Shift Light & AUTOMETER Shift Lights

Rz79 said:
Has anyone installed a shift light in their bullitt??? I was thinking it might be a cool little toy and help me nail shifts. Any info on this topic would be excellent.

MSD Shift Light

<TABLE align=left><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=200 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle>

Product images may differ from actual product appearance.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
The MSD shift light has a built-in rpm sensing circuit that will turn the light on when the engine reaches a specified rpm. You select the rpm by using the same plug-in modules that are used with your MSD Soft Touch Rev Control. Measures 4-1/2''L x 3-1/2''H x 2'' Dia

$95.99
Ships
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>if ('Today' == 'Today'){var d = new Date()var gmtHours = d.getTimezoneOffset()/60;if ((d.getHours() + gmtHours) >= 26 || (d.getHours() + gmtHours) <= 4){document.write('Tomorrow');} else{document.write('Today');}} else{document.write('Today');}</SCRIPT>Today

http://www.jegs.com/p/MSD/745861/10002/-1

Also see this Link for AUTOMETER Shift Lights

http://www.autometer.com/cat_accessories.aspx?sid=31

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Not in the Bullitt, but I do have one in the 05....I highly recommend the Raptor shift light...easy three wire hook up, easily adjusted to specific RPM, and very bright and noticable, even in daylight....

Here is where I have it mounted in my 05, for heads up display....It has really gotten a new workout since the Vortech went on.....

I think Brenspeed has em for like 95 bucks....choice of light color.....But no DHG I'm afraid.....

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
GOT OATZ said:
Not in the Bullitt, but I do have one in the 05....I highly recommend the Raptor shift light...easy three wire hook up, easily adjusted to specific RPM, and very bright and noticable, even in daylight....

Here is where I have it mounted in my 05, for heads up display....It has really gotten a new workout since the Vortech went on.....

I think Brenspeed has em for like 95 bucks....choice of light color.....But no DHG I'm afraid.....
Mike, Nice clean install. Where is the wire hookup? What does it take its readings from?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Loop said:
Mike, Nice clean install. Where is the wire hookup? What does it take its readings from?

Thanks.
Thanks Gregg....

Super easy. Three wires. Hot, Ground, and one that goes to the engine bay and hooks to the Coil Over Plug on the drivers side, or any one of em for that matter. It's a bigger deal to hide wires than anything....but they tuck nicely up under the head liner, and the pillers both drivers and passenger side...

I will go over to one of the other forums I frequent, and see if I can find the link to the write up I did for the install...be right back....

Mike

OK, I'm back.....

Here ya go Gregg.....

http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2010-mustangs/267531-raptor-install-56k-beware-tons-o-pics.html

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
GOT OATZ said:

Nice Location Mike.

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm.... Wires scare me but that was a great step by step! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Raptor shift light in 1883, got tried of hitting the rev limiter. Like GOT OATZ says easy to install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts