Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when you guys are taking your bullitt down the drag strip (with stock gears) what gear do you end up in at the end and where do you shift?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I've ridden 3rd all the way out, and I've short shifted it for 4th. With the bullitt intake, I stopped making power at like 5300 rpms, so keep that in mind.

I've heard from multiple bullitt owners that shortshifting 3rd into 4th has shaved a tenth or two off their ET. It keeps you in the biggest meat of your power band.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I pretty much redline 3rd at the moment. Rev limiter starts bumping right before the finish. [email protected] is my best thus far. I'd like to do some experimentation.
I have only made about 6 passes though. Nevermore than 3 a night, and that was just one time. The others have been single passes at cruise nights.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
i ran out 3rd back when the car was stock, mind you i was running some pretty heavy 18 inch wheels back then and the best i could pull was a 14.2. im pretty sure if i had had the stock wheels and tires i couldve put down a 13.8 or 13.7

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya the best i have gotten is a 13.8 at 97. i have run it out in 3rd but i wondered if i should shift into 4th because i was passing the finish line after my shift point which is at about 5300

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
DHG #1078 said:
ya the best i have gotten is a 13.8 at 97. i have run it out in 3rd but i wondered if i should shift into 4th because i was passing the finish line after my shift point which is at about 5300
try short shifting 3rd and see if you can't improve your times. Your MPH is very low BTW. You shift every gear at 5300?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya every gear about there. here the DA is always 3500 to 5000 so i dont know but i always figured thats why my MPH was so low.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts