Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading some posts on here about different shifters. MGW seems to be the go to shifter correct? what are everyones experiences with different shifters and if you had to pick the best one which one would it be?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've never felt an MGW, but I have to say my Pro 5.0 feels pretty damn good. It's a little notchy, but it's to be expected. Other than me not tightening down the two bolts that hold the handle on (DOH), I haven't had any problems.

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
I have the hurst short throw and am very happy with it.... my only complaint is the one I got didnt have the chrome handle. but I love the feel.. I have since switched from the pistol grip to the big white shifter ball much happier with that one...

·
Registered
494 Posts
The cheapest you can find that someone is selling. I picked up a Tri-Ax for my T56 for $50. I dont complain. But it is a good shifter. I've also had a Pro 5.0 for a T5. Also a good shifter.

Chad

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Had the tri-ax in my 01 Bullitt and it was great, now have a MGW in my 03 and it is great. Either one for the 01 Bullitt will be fine.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
I hear good things about the MGW.

I got mine before the MGW was around, going on 4years now with it. Bought it from Cochese as he put his car back to stock :)

Getting close to 55k miles on it, plus his mileage, and still going strong. Shifting gets BETTER with age IMHO. I elected to use the stock steel shift handle, and used the Steeda aluminum bushings (seperate parts from the shifter) to replace the stocker's rubber one. This keeps a more positive feeling shift and keeps it at nearly the same height.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Steeda Tri-ax here....no complaints...but...that just me...ok.....

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I've got the Saleen shifter made especially for them by Hurst. Wonderful shifter. Made all the difference in the world. Smooth shifts in all gears. Haven't had any problems going from 2nd. to 3rd. yet.

·
Registered
873 Posts
dg517 said:
Steeda Tri-ax here....no complaints...but...that just me...ok.....

Me too, great shifter.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
I put the steeda tri-ax in and like it, tried the pro 50 and it was ok.
Went back to the tri-ax because i liked it better.
Put the pro 50 handle on the steeda and found it to short for me, went back to the steeda handle.
Am done changing shifters.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
DudeStevens said:
I've been reading some posts on here about different shifters. MGW seems to be the go to shifter correct? what are everyones experiences with different shifters and if you had to pick the best one which one would it be?
MGW !!!!!!!!

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
66 Posts
I still have the stocker, but i just got my MGW yesterday. I will let you know this week what its like. Heard nothing but positive things.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
TXBLUOVAL said:
I've got the Saleen shifter made especially for them by Hurst. Wonderful shifter. Made all the difference in the world. Smooth shifts in all gears. Haven't had any problems going from 2nd. to 3rd. yet.
+1 Great shifter....Great price!

·
Registered
203 Posts
ive been looking to change my tri ax for something with shorter throws...i mean they are of course shorter than stock however the main difference youll see with a short throw is how tight the shift pattern is...idk if they make any like this for our cars but on my friends 350Z his shifter only moves about an inch or so when he shifts..if anyone knows a shifter like that or how this can be acheived let me know...thats what id like to have personally..my tri ax is ok but its just so notchy and clicky feeling

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have the tri-ax in my bullitt and it is very difficult to change gears. Sometimes I have to fight to get it into reverse. Is there some kind of adjustment for this or is this typical? By the way it was in the car when I bought it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts