Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of you who may have had the experience of shifting the new Bulllitt, what is the story with it? Will the shifter have to be replaced in order to have a short tight throw?

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I don't have the experience to say that I shifted the new car. I did read the press interview somewhere that the Ford spokesperson said that the shifter is not a Hurst so as to provide a shorter throw.

Does that make sense to you? He made a curious response to the question, don't you think?

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
We were told the shifter was upgraded for 08 on all Mustangs. It's not a short throw but feels like one!! It is way better than the hands down. I was shifting with two finigers on my test drive. No notchy feel at all!!!!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Good! The one thing that the s197's suffered from was the crappy stock shifter. the one on my GT/CS (soon to be traded-in btw) was much nicer than the v6 one, though, but it was still sloppy. I put a Hurst in the v6, but it was just too notchy for everyday driving.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
wally05 said:
Good! The one thing that the s197's suffered from was the crappy stock shifter. the one on my GT/CS (soon to be traded-in btw) was much nicer than the v6 one, though, but it was still sloppy. I put a Hurst in the v6, but it was just too notchy for everyday driving.
Isn't the tranny in the V-6 car the same as the Ranger? It would make sense to me as that is the same engine. Nice power, but outdated 4.0.:confused:

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
The 3650 Tremec is the same trans used in 2001,however improvements were made thru the years to smooth out the shifting.
I know the T-45,in my son's 2001 V6 Stang is much smoother,even when cold,than the 2001 Bullitt trans.
But one thing I'll never understand,is why Ford can never include a high class aftermarket shifter,like a HURST, in a performance Mustang.
Aren't there any old fart engineers left,at Ford,who remember the old Boss 302 days,when a Hurst shifter was standard? What is the big deal anyway? Can't cost more than a darn GPS unit,or any of the other useless electronic add ons they try to include.
I think Chevrolet hit it right,during the late Z/28 SS days with the optional SLP goodies,on the order sheet.
What is the big problem Ford?

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Mus408 said:
But one thing I'll never understand,is why Ford can never include a high class aftermarket shifter,like a HURST, in a performance Mustang.
So they can sell you one through FRPP and have the dealer install it

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Mus408 said:
The 3650 Tremec is the same trans used in 2001,however improvements were made thru the years to smooth out the shifting.
I know the T-45,in my son's 2001 V6 Stang is much smoother,even when cold,than the 2001 Bullitt trans.
Aren't there any old fart engineers left,at Ford,who remember the old Boss 302 days,when a Hurst shifter was standard? What is the big deal anyway? Can't cost more than a darn GPS unit,or any of the other useless electronic add ons they try to include.
I think Chevrolet hit it right,during the late Z/28 SS days with the optional SLP goodies,on the order sheet.
What is the big problem Ford?
Your going back to your Chevy hugging ways aren't you?:shock: :rolleyes:

:lol:

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I just used that as an example of having other performance type options available to the buyer. And for the record,I have only had 2 Chevys in my 53 years....a '55 and a '74 Z/28...which was a slug! Hardly qualifies as a Chevy hugger,but they still make a killer engine package today,can't deny that!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts