Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know when the Bullitts are in the show room, they take off the shift knob so they're not stolen, so I don't know if that's the problem, but my knob is loose, and no matter how much I tighten it, it just reads the numbers backwards. I brought it 2 the local dealership, they said I would have 2 leave the car 2 hrs, before they could even look at it, so I left, any one else have this problem???

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-07-25 01:34 ]</font>

·
Registered
451 Posts
Mine will turn with effort. However, it is so slow turning, and requires enough effort, that I don't worry about it. I hadn't even thought of it as a defect. I sort of like it, as I absentmindedly straighten it when sitting and redlights and the like...

Joe

·
Registered
610 Posts
Bob, the ball has probably come loose from the threaded shaft. Its a lousy setup.Mine actually has a twist in the shaft,and I had to remove the whole arseembly and take the ball off in a vise !! Have the dealer get you a new one,also the Tri-Ax works Great! :cool:

#1748 DHG :bullitt:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullittman on 2001-07-25 20:01 ]</font>

·
Registered
444 Posts
Nasty,

What do you mean about the coating coming off. I haven't seen anything on my hands yet. Will this take a long time to happen? Otherwise I might get an extra one for the future.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I inquired about getting a spare shift knob in case anything happens to this one, and the dealer told me that they are not available yet!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-30 09:17, BullittBabe wrote:
I inquired about getting a spare shift knob in case anything happens to this one, and the dealer told me that they are not available yet!
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

There's several on Ebay. Where did those come from??

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
The shift knob is nothing more than the 35th Anniversary Edition knob. They should be easily available at any dealer...

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
This Ford part number will get you your shifter knob at any Ford parts counter.
XR3Z-7213-DA

·
Registered
543 Posts
With the Tri-Ax I had to remove the rubber bushing at the top of the leather boot and replace it with a flat washer to get the H pattern to line up right.

John

·
Registered
139 Posts
Could anyone offer any suggestions in removing one. I or any other person I ask cannot even budge mine. I saw earlier where someone said something about the threads being bent.
Any ideas?
Aaron

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Just so everyone is aware, the Bullitt Shift Knob IS DIFFERENT than the 35th anniversary shift knob. While the shape and design is the same, the finish and color is slightly different. Only an eagle eyed person would notice unless you had them together.
The Bullitt knob should be available as a service item at the dealer, unless it is on back order.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts