Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it has been redesigned for 2008, but I'm wondering if the Bullitt shifter is pretty much the same other than the shift knob? I want to install a MGW shifter on mine that uses stock threads and just keep the stock ball and stuff on it.

B, does the shifter has a special shaft on it or is it just a different ball with a boot right under it?

http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang2005_shifter.shtml

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
The shifters on all pre 2005 Mustangs is bolted to the top of the trans...no real external linkage. The 2005 and up use a remote type shifter,bolted to the floor pan with a linkage rod.

I assume that TREMEC just improved the synchro action and internal shift forks,to make the newer trannys shift smoother.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sorry my question was kind of worded wrong. I was wondering if it diff. from a stock s197, but you probably don't have a lot of experience with a s197.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
from what you posted it says it comes in a OEM thead pattern or an aftermarket thread pattern, Just order the OEM pattern and you should be good to go. I would get a feel for the 08 shifter first. Felt like a short throw to me.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I understand the 2008 shifter to be improved over the 2007's. Perhaps different bushings, linkage, etc., but it is available on all 2008's (not the Bullitt knob of course!). It's not a short throw shifter like the FRPP/Hurst sold in the aftermarket catalog.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From what I've heard, it is VERY improved from 05/06. They started the redesign in late 07 cars... mine in my old GT/CS felt great compared to my early v6. I liked it better than the hurst. Long, but smooth. I'll probably drive with it stock, but I'd like to jump up into a short throw later on and mgw is the stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts