Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
spent yesterday washing and prepping the B, then spent today waxing, buffing, rewaxing, buffing AGAIN, polishing, detailing, wiping down and coating rims and tires, etc... considering I've been fighting a bad cold all week and never seemed to stop coughing, I still think she came out pretty damn good! :p :p

just got done (whew!!!) and here are some pics for you (and me) to enjoy looking at!

shaun

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Looks great, I like the chrome wheels too! :cool:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks to all for the compliments!!

with the weather giving us a much-needed break from the rain for a week to come, figured it was time to go all out and have a nice car for at least the next week!!

shaun

·
Car Whisperer
21,384 Posts
looks good. those are some big exhaust tips..what kind are they?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks VERY much for the additional kudos, gang!!

Tim, those are stainless steel rolled tip 4" Summit exhaust tips, i ordered 3.5" and they were sold out, got the upgrade for free and they were perfect...

Pete, I use Meguiars NXT 2.0 liquid wax, which is GREAT because no matter how long you let it dry, it does not get white and chalky as some others I have used... I wash and dry w/ABSORBER cloth, then wipe with diaper cloth to remove dust particles, then apply coat of NXT with sponge and rub in small circles all over car... let dry 3-4 hours, then buff off with DA and microfiber bonnets, then apply the 2nd coat after about 1 hr dry time from buffing (mainly to rest and drink a beer to rejuvenate!! :p) BUT i apply 2nd coat in horizontal lines PARALLEL to ground (I read on here from others like Ezekial i think, that buffing/polishing parallel to ground gives better reflection symmetry to the end results...) and let 2nd coat dry (2nd coat is very thin amount compared to first) and then buff off with microfiber DA bonnet again, THEN using a syntheitc wool bonnet i buff entire car over and over for about an hour to get mirror smooth...

(...and that is why my arms are like spaghetti today! :p :p)

Hope that helps you in your own "shiny pics" quest!
(PS. Pete, i did also clay bar the car last October or so, don't remember exactly when it was, but that helps TREMENDOUSLY in getting a very smooth finish, i recommend it greatly if you have not done it to yours yet or recently!!)

I really only do this because i love the TRUE end result: getting to take some pics that I can then share with the other addicts across this nation that NEVER tire of looking at a clean shiny Bullitt!!

thanks for looking, and let's see some of yours!

shaun

1 - 15 of 15 Posts