Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All:

Based on everyone's advice here, I've decided to got with the Koni shock upgrade on #4842.

Any advice or links or doing the job yourself? How hard? Special tools? Alignment needed afterward?

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Nick- I just put the Koni's on the B this past Friday. I let PSI do it in Webster. They charged $255 and I did have it aligned afterwards just to be sure. The shop did have to make adjustments. Ride is incredible, your gonna love 'em.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Wayne what if any differance do you feel in the ride since changing to the Koni.I don't care for a soft ride but feel the handling of our stock set up could be improved upon.

·
Registered
419 Posts
It's hard to express in words, but I can tell you it definitely handles much better than stock. I guess the best way to describe it is like driving a refined race car on the streets. It's not some plush ride, but it has more than accetable street manners. This is the third day with them, and I have played with the settings and settled on "sport" for the street.

·
Registered
969 Posts
nick,

air tools are a plus! also, you will need to get a spring compressor for the front springs. you will find this item for rent at your local auto parts store. they should give you a full refund when you bring it back. check out this thread

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=441678

there you will find a link for the fronts and rears. the rear shocks are pretty straight forward, and you will need the spring compressor for the fronts. an alignment will be necessary afterwords.

i pulled these links up on the laptop and followed along. pretty simple. simon. figure a couple hours to do all four shocks. have fun, brother!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts