Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to install shock covers, what is the differance between our brace and the ford racing brace. MAG does not make. Need help please everybody chime in Thank you JOHN

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Our brace is a Ford Racing brace. Our brace will fit both GT and V6. There is another Ford Racing brace as well that looks similar with parallel bars, except the bars are black. That brace will only fit GT.

I'm not sure shock tower covers will fit with either brace, at least not without modification.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RC THANK YOU FOR YOUR INFO.JUST TALKED TO DAN AT MAG HE IS SENDING ME OUT A COUPLE OF PAIRS I CAN MODIFY AND SEND BACK TO HIM SO HE CAN MAKE THE MOLD. WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED. THERE IS A DIFFERANCE IN THE TWO IN THE LENGTH OF BAR.. THANKS AGAIN AND BE SAFE

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RC THANKS AGAIN

·
Registered
417 Posts
Does this mean that MAG is finally going to sell parts pre-painted in DHG???

Oh one thing to keep an eye on with the MAG shock tower covers... There was a problem reported more than once on other forums about the covers not fitting securely on the top of the strut towers. I know that the covers I had on my old 05 would occasionally pop free from the towers for no apparent reason. Some have thought that maybe the bolts sticking up through the tower were too tall. Others have thought that the plastic tab on the bottom of the covers was just too narrow.

Please let us know what you find out... as I would love to get new covers to install on my Bullitt!!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MARTIN i DONT THINK DHG WILL BE AVAILABLE ON ANY OF THERE PRODUCTS YET. LIKE I SAID HE WILL SEND ME A COUPLE PAIRS OF COVERS TO LET ME MODIFY. I WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
That's interesting. The last time I bid on a pair of their Strut tower covers on E Bay, the listing clearly said they would fit the Bullitt....

I'm working with a different vendor right now, trying to get the traditional center cap and nut caps, that thread on and have a nice rubber gasket, done in DHG...Oh, and they will also have the nice "Bullitt" gun sight logo on top!!

Mike

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MIKEANDKAREN ISAW THE SAME LISTING YOU SAW,THATS WAY I CALLED THEM. NO THEY DO NOT MAKE FOR BULLITT. PLEASE KEEP US INFORMED ON YOUR VENDOR THANKS JOHN

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
cpd0924 said:
MIKEANDKAREN ISAW THE SAME LISTING YOU SAW,THATS WAY I CALLED THEM. NO THEY DO NOT MAKE FOR BULLITT. PLEASE KEEP US INFORMED ON YOUR VENDOR THANKS JOHN
Thanks John, will do. I really wanted the MAG covers for both the Bullitt, and my 05, but since they both have the Bullitt STB, guess I better hope my guy can come thru..

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts