Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I want to upgrade my shocks/struts leaving the stock springs, what is the best bet? I don't really want to lower the car much more. What springs would give the least amount of lowering?

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
stock springs are fine

Bilestein shocks/struts are among the best for replacement. I have 2 on the back of 1986 and it's just a matter of time before I do the front struts.

I noticed a good difference in ride quality and performance of the shocks.

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
What do you want to do with the car? Gabriel (sp?) from Autozone replace the rears nicely for the daily driver, however, if you want some more performance from her, Tokico Illuminas. If she is a drag car, I'd say Lakewood or Strange 90/10 struts, 50/50 shocks. Again, depends on what you want to do with the car...If you don't want it lowered, then the stock springs are just fine.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I just had MRT's street performance springs (lowered it by 1"), CC plates, and lower control arms added to 2679, retaining the original Tokico struts. No issues or problems.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2655 is not a daily driver, just weekends and the occasional lapping day or autoslalom, no drags. It sounds like the Illumina'a or Bilstien would be a good bet. Has anyone tried the D Spec? Any better than Illumina's?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Ezekial said:
stock springs are fine

Bilestein shocks/struts are among the best for replacement. I have 2 on the back of 1986 and it's just a matter of time before I do the front struts.

I noticed a good difference in ride quality and performance of the shocks.
+1

For the bilestein set up.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
SmokinBullitt said:
I just had MRT's street performance springs (lowered it by 1"), CC plates, and lower control arms added to 2679, retaining the original Tokico struts. No issues or problems.
Any pics of your mrt springs yet??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts