Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cool: Besides the 08' Bullitt, I also own a 67' Fastback that's going thru it's third major makeover since I bought it back in 89'. The question I have is that I'm going from 14 inch Torque D's to 15 inch D's and am wondering what size tire to use for the best look. Don't want to get some tires and then wished I had gotten a different size. BTW it's not a Bullitt Replica though I've always believed in "McQueen's Logic" less is more, so it amounts to a small block, 4sp. Red Bullitt.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Currently, I'm running a not-so-tall, P215/60R15 BF Goodrich T/A radial on my 68, which solved my fender clearance concerns. However, the BF Goodrich G-force Sport tire looks to be a pretty cool option in the P225/60R15. The "look" also depends on the condition of your front and rear suspensions. Be sure any clearance issues are identified before committing to anything that may be too tall or wide.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Your Wheel back spacing is the key to stuffing some nice tires
I have a 66 stang and you need 4-1/2 to 4-3/4 back spacing
they tell me it is the same for 67-68.
I put on 17" wheels to clear the disc brakes and I have
235-40 X 17 BFG's the car is lowered and all I had to do is
roll the fender lip
Backspacing is the key to get them stuffed in the fender well and not to rub

·
Registered
816 Posts
I run Cooper 225/60 15's on the front and 235/60 15's on the rear.
I have Shelby 620 coils on the front with the 1" block (not drop)
New 4 leaf rear springs out back.
My front fender is rolled and will touch under hard breaking in a hard turn. But with the rolled fender no harm. No marks on the tires or fender.
I get compliments all the time of the stance my car has.
Full wheelwells and plenty of tire!
Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tires

I am a new member and don't have a picture on yet, but I have a '68 GT fastback. It is a true R code paint, S code engine, and Deluxe interior just like the movie. I watched the movie frame by frame to make sure it was an accurate REPLICA. I studied and figured tire sizes and came up with P215/70R15 as being the best size if you are using the 15" wheels.

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts