Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wayne and I are in Louisville KY right now but he's got a big problem with his trailer. It has some wiring gremlins and an ugly short that's blowing fuses in his truck. There was a sponsor that offered assistance for anyone wo needed it earlier. Well, Wayne will need it. We're going to unhook the electrical from the truck which means he'll be driving with no trailer brakes. Just a heads up to the sponsor if he could make time for the trailer to find the short/rewire the trailer. We've cut a couple of the wires but the short is obviously somewhere in the conduit. I'll check in again tomorrow night....if we have a connection.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
Hope you guys get it all worked out. KY is a little far for me to be able to help. If it is the same trailer that he had last year, it would be easier to work on with the open bottom. It may not be a bad idea to just run new wiring and splice it, cutting the questionable bad wiring out of the circuit alltogether. Then get it fixed permanently the right way when you get back. Just my food for thought.

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just checking in before we hit the road again. Thanks Markus, that's what we're thinking of doing for the brakes at least but there isn't any parts stores anywhere near where we are. Hopefully in about 1/2 hour of driving when we actually hit Louisville we'll be able to find some wire somewhere.

BTW, nice storm going through B-Man country. Between Dayton and Cinnci.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Hey...whats the update on Paul an Wayne?...or they ok?

·
3,389 Posts
Personally, I think it's an excuse to spend more time on the road, alone......in motel rooms.....

Well, at least Wayne hasn't taken out any redneck cars yet with his trailer!

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
:eek: Starting early!!
Looks that way:eek:...an Terry aint even coming:p

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Just talked to Paul. They spent about two hours doing a McGiver job on tht trailer wiring in a AutoZone parking lot. Wayne's stress level went down about 1000%. They are on the road in Bullitt County!! They missed the snow but got hit pretty good with some storms near Cinci.

·
3,389 Posts
.....all this time I knew it was one of them that was the bad luck shleprock...

Last year it was Wayne again, locking his keys in the truck, hitting a parked car with the trailor......

I'm starting to become somewhat releived that I missed this trip..... :lol:

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
TOYS-R-ME! said:
Personally, I think it's an excuse to spend more time on the road, alone......in motel rooms.....

Well, at least Wayne hasn't taken out any redneck cars yet with his trailer!

That's cause you're not in Texas yet. :wink:

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Hey someone take lots of photos and some video of the races since i wont be able to join you all. next year is a pretty good assumption though.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
They can stop in Ozark and pickup my trailer and continue on and leave to broke junk here until they return

·
Registered
740 Posts
I hope everything is going well for Wayne & Paul. I also heard there has been a storm going through Texas today. Good luck with the races everyone.

Rick

1 - 20 of 21 Posts