Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have some suggestions on shorty shifters? best kind, best prices, best place to buy. i'm new to newer mustangs, always had old school stuff, 60's 70's mach1's, fastbacks
thanks,

[sometimes nothing can be a real coolhand]

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Bullitt 736 is correct, I also have a Steeda but package/sold by MRT, it's attached to a Hurst handle and T-bar to give it the old school feel. Rubber shifter boot may still be available from FORD was from a 70's FORD p/u.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
MGW shifter FTMFW!!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just put in a Hurst Billet/Plus this afternoon. I haven't driven very much since, but I can tell you that it is a night and day difference! I've got errands to run tomorrow so it will get a good break-in then. :smile:

·
Registered
987 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
SmokinBullitt said:
Had MRT's TR-3650 Short Throw Power Shifter installed (MRT worked with Steeda and Tremac transmissions). Here is the link to the pic:

http://mrt-direct.com/v3/Drivetrain%2099-04/Drivetrain%2099-04.php
This was the shifter I had on my Christmas list, but my wife was told that it was a discontinued product and she was pointed to the hurst billet/plus. She thinks that she talked to Mr.Scott Hoag himself!

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Noble Steed 816 said:
This was the shifter I had on my Christmas list, but my wife was told that it was a discontinued product and she was pointed to the hurst billet/plus. She thinks that she talked to Mr.Scott Hoag himself!
I wouldn't be surprised at Scott talking to her on the phone.:cool:

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have the MGW in now and love it. I also have a steeda tri-ax for sale. Let me know if your interested.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Steeda Triax, Purchase from American Muscle and get the gasket set they suggest to go with it, saves having to use gasket maker when installing. (I like to avoid messiness any time I can:smile: )

1 - 15 of 15 Posts