Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone put a shorty on their Bullitt, any problems w/reception?
I can't stand that telephone pole we have for an antenna. I went to MRT and their out of them, any suggestions as to where to buy one? What do they cost?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Shorty antennas work but you will not get reception as good as the stock antenna does. I listen to a radio station that is hard to get with the stock antenna in some places, with the shorty I would barely get it in most places. I used to switch back to the stock antenna at the track so I could hear the track announcer radio, after about 330' the shorty would no longer pick up the signal

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I have one and sometimes have reception problems going through underpasses but, I seldom listen to the radio anyway.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I have one but living in my state with all the hills and mountains sometimes reception is not very good. When I go into OHIO or the southern flat states if works well. I also like the looks of the shorty.

·
Registered
301 Posts
cut the factory one. thats what i did i made it only 8 inches and it gets reception just fine. goin long distances and such it will loose channels before my original one but just driving around the city its just fine.

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
I don't have any reception problems. Jeff just cut ours off and put that little back ball back on top.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I've got two cut antennas...

The Bullitt's is 14" and when it was on the Mach460, I had few issues, VERY Few. Now that it's on the Alpine, it works better than the Mach460 did with a full antenna....

The fiance's GT is cut to about 16", and there are no issues at all. She's on the Mach460.

I cut both of mine. Marked it and cut it with the dremel. Then I took the drill and kinda widened up the hole in the ball. Took a little JB Weld and stuck it all back together. Cleaned it up before it dried and then when it was dry I painted the whole thing with flat black paint.

·
Car Whisperer
20,785 Posts
got one on mine...no issues and no reception changes at all, in fact, mine seems better for one station I used to have trouble with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts