Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Shorty header install

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  tigerhonaker 
#1 ·
My next mod will be a set of ceramic coated equal length shorty headers, just wondering how tough the install is? No lift access, will be doing the install with the car on some drive up ramps. Thanks for any info., tips, etc. on the install.

#2 ·
golkhl2094 said:
My next mod will be a set of ceramic coated equal length shorty headers, just wondering how tough the install is? No lift access, will be doing the install with the car on some drive up ramps. Thanks for any info., tips, etc. on the install.
Andy,

I don't think you are going to be able to do the Shorty Headers on a set of Car Ramps.

Terry

#3 ·
A friend of mine that works in the vehicle personalization group at Ford said he could do it without a lift. Then again, he's done it several times and he is a mechanic for a living.

My biggest question is, what's the advantage? He said he wasn't impressed with the part quality saying there was a lot of room for improvement as far is cleaner welds and too much material left over. We need access to some flow bench data to see where the real restrictions are in the engine. I'm not into just throwing parts at a car just because they are available.

#6 ·
with all due respect, never have I seen any dyno that said shortys resulted in a loss in power, I would like to see the data and the background on the vehicle.

#7 ·
On an S197 shorties increase torque below 5500,After that the cast iron manifolds win out in both HP and torque.The real advantage is the gain down low in the real world driving range outweighs the slight top end loss.

#11 ·
Whammer said:
Give Doug at Bamachips a call- he's done the tests and he'll tell you he's seen some lose power. He'll also tell you they are not worth the money.

With only one person claiming that, I would need more collaberation anyway. Too many others have had positive results, not that much, but still an increase and the sound does change.

#16 ·
OK, next idea..........................

Dave and Julie said:
That's a lot of work to try it out. I'm going the lazy route and want someone else to test them for me. :wink:
OK,

Next idea is this..........

If you go to the Shelby Forum and looked for the (Threads) on the

GT Shelby it has the CAI (Cold Air Induction) and the (Ford Performance Tune).

Very similar to the Bullitts we have.

I bet there are Members on that Forum that have installed the (Shorty Headers) as well as the (Long Tube Headers).

You then can simply read and see what they have to say concerning Headers.

This Idea better work I am running out of Options here for YOU :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Let me know what you find out !!!!!!!!

Terry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.