Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked back through the archive and still not sure on what to go with. Im looking for some shorty headers and not sure between Ford Racing and BBK. Either set I go with im going ceramic. From just looking at them it looks like more power gain would be from the BBK design compared to the Ford set. Opinions please.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Any header set will increase engine bay heat because they are not cast iron. I have a set of shorty headers form BBK. I think that they are a good deal, and their is a difference in the power. Good thinking on the ceramic coating. I didn't think to get ones with it.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Ceramic coating will help to keep underhood temperatures down and if they're coated inside and out, will keep them from rusting. You might also check on the warranties on each of them. The cheap dynomax's I have on my Chevy pickup are ceramicoated inside and out and have a warranty that they'll replace them if they start to discolor or rust.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
and also depending on the state your in, check to make sure they have a carb number. From what I remember the FRPP Shorties do not have a carb number and are O/R use only .

·
Registered
798 Posts
I have the BBK ceramic coated longtubes on my car, you will notice more of a gain from the longtubes than shorties. The car w/ shorties will pull harder in the higher rpm range whereas, longtubes will give it more power throughout the entire rpm range.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I don't disagree that the long tubes are a worth while deal however, -now this is just my personal belief- the long tubes will really help if you have a modified car ie. power adder, head work (stg 2-race). I am by no means discrediting the long tubes, but they are not worth the hp pre dollar they will net you if you don't have any modifications, especialy the ceramic coated ones.And not to add insult to injury they are a pain in the ass to install yourself. On the up side, they sound kick ass, and you will notice more power in the low to mid ranges. But like I said before, they realy shine when you have more airflow coming in, that need to get out!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I put the BBK shorties on mine a couple of months ago.
Ceramic coated, of course. I don't have any numbers to put up on them so I can't tell you what the power gain would be. However, they did seemti make a difference. I put these on mainly because I didn't want to mess with the rest of the exhaust as of yet. Later, I would like to put on a new h-pipe with hi-flow cats if I can find them in stainless.

When I was looking to buy a set of headers, I came across the Ford ones and they looked to simular to stock. The best shorties, IMO, i came across were the Ceramic coated BBK's. They were a fun install but, it required a bit of patience but, it was worth it! Get the BBK's. You won't regret it!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I would get the bassani mid length headers,that way you can have the best of both worlds with a much easier install and not have to worry about hitting speed bumps and denting them up.You will need the bassani mid pipe if you go with there headers.Thats what i am going to do,but i am running a poweradder with my setup with a complete bassani exhaust system. GREG

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RenegadeBullitt said:
When I was looking to buy a set of headers, I came across the Ford ones and they looked to simular to stock.
This is one reason why I am looking at the BBK. From what I am hearing from everyone, no complaints for the BBK so it looks like I will be going with them. Thanks guys.

·
Car Whisperer
20,795 Posts
jba stainless are supposed to be good too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts