Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paul's thread (Kaylan1521) a while ago made me think that there are probably lots of us who have cool rooms to hang out in. Garages count too though I hesitate to say that because if Dale sees this thread and posts pics of his garage we'll all head to Michigan.....:lol:
I know for us as we progress into the dark days of winter we will spend lots of time in our movie room...Here are a few pics....

Hopefully you can't see the dust on the weights in this picture...Um, wow, I just realized how little weight is on the bar...Oh yeah, Robin was using them, that's it...:lol:

Unlike the lonely weights the elliptical actually gets used. It is facing the T.V. so I don't get too bored....

This is the view from the elliptical. There are 6 speakers around the room so the sound is pretty cool. War pictures with bullets flying and ricocheting are really cool...

Here is the lineup, just got the DHG Autoart Bullitt this Christmas. As I acquire more Mustangs I will phase out some of the Bowties, not completely but enough to balance things out...

This is a print of the proof you get from Bullitt220 before the final full size print is made. It is about 7 x 10" and I had a matte cut to fit and framed it. I did 2 of them so I can have one at work too....

Obscure hockey reference here, this is an autographed picture of Kevin Kaminski from when he played on the Crapitals. Like most on ice terrors he is a great guy off the ice. This guy has got some stories to tell.....

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rangerdoc said:
I like it, but I have to pick on you about the curtains :D
:lol: Yeah I have to fess up and say that Robin had as much input as I did in the design of the room and especially with regards to colors. If I picked the colors it really could have been "interesting". :wink:

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
That's a pretty nice "Man Cave", John. Who has been working out at that location? Pee Wee Herman? Just kidding, dude! :lol:

I'm not fortunate to have a "Man Cave" due to lack of space but I do have "Cochese's Corner" in the basement. Basically my office. I have models of most of the aircraft that I flew in the military and at the airlines as well as a model of one of the CVPI patrol vehicles that I drove while on patrol with the Cincinnati Police Department. Have the AutoArt '68 Mustang GT 390 as well as the '01 Mustang Bullitt GT...and the Ford Bullitt poster in a framed configuration.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cochese said:
That's a pretty nice "Man Cave", John. Who has been working out at that location? Pee Wee Herman? Just kidding, dude! :lol:

I'm not fortunate to have a "Man Cave" due to lack of space but I do have "Cochese's Corner" in the basement. Basically my office. I have models of most of the aircraft that I flew in the military and at the airlines as well as a model of one of the CVPI patrol vehicles that I drove while on patrol with the Cincinnati Police Department. Have the AutoArt '68 Mustang GT 390 as well as the '01 Mustang Bullitt GT...and the Ford Bullitt poster in a framed configuration.

Looks good Collin-I have to get one of those prints you have in the third picture. That would look great in my office at work....
It's really cool that you have models of aircraft you have flown too, you must have some great stories to tell between your military past and the law Enforcement stint....John R

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
kaylan1521 said:
Looks good John. I unlike the rest of these guys wont comment on your drapes or how little weight is on the bars..... snicker......

Everyone needs a Mancave IMO

No mancave here...just a pc room with all kinds of stuff here an there...planes...trains an cars everywhere...an to make it worse...no pics:cry:...but...i'm working on that:lol:

Happy New Year....You guys...an gals:D

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Very nice,i like.I don't have a man cave yet,but will down the road.We just moved in our new home last March,so there is stuff still in boxes where the man cave will be,plus the brother in law is using the man cave area for his bedroom,but i do have plans for that area.So all i have is the garage right now as the secondary man cave,and where i've been spending most of my time right now as i clean up my GT's engine bay more,and doing the Bullitt intake swap.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Okay, I had to throw in some pictures of my office and garage. Note the new tool box I just got for Christmas. The garage (in fact, every room in the house) has an Airport Express so I can broadcast i-Tunes from my computer. The garage even has surround sound for when I work out there at night.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
That's pretty good, Kevin...the washer AND the dryer in the Man Cave. :lol:

Not to worry...I strategically left the washer AND the dryer out of the pics I posted but they are there. :shock:

Carry on. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,430 Posts
With the exception of the washer dryer combo, I find myself gettin jealous of everyone with a dedicated mancave/area. My corner in the library has an old legal bookcase (thats broken and now won't close). I'm also allowed to hang two pictures of airplanes. One is the spitfire flying out of the clouds, and the other is a B-17 in a swarm of Zeros. You guys really have it good. Count your blessings!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
KevTrish said:
Okay, I had to throw in some pictures of my office and garage. Note the new tool box I just got for Christmas. The garage (in fact, every room in the house) has an Airport Express so I can broadcast i-Tunes from my computer. The garage even has surround sound for when I work out there at night.
Nice Kevin on both accounts. Your garage looks like you may have a bit of the O.C.D. bug also..I'm glad I'm not the only one....The surround sound in the garage would be cool. I'm envious of you being able to be out there this time of year, I'm sure you remember how things are up here. Snowbanks are nor 4-5' with another foot os snow coming as we speak....My garage stays about 50 degrees this time of year as we open the door 2-3 times per day to drive in & out. The B stays dry but it's not really comfortable to work on it, the floor temp is really cold.
Take care & happy new year from Maine...John R

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1LOW03GT said:
Very nice,i like.I don't have a man cave yet,but will down the road.We just moved in our new home last March,so there is stuff still in boxes where the man cave will be,plus the brother in law is using the man cave area for his bedroom,but i do have plans for that area.So all i have is the garage right now as the secondary man cave,and where i've been spending most of my time right now as i clean up my GT's engine bay more,and doing the Bullitt intake swap.
Holy cow Jay-what else can you possibly do under that hood?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Thanks, John. I remember the days BEFORE the garage when I had to pile snow around the car I was working on to keep the wind out.

Oh, and the washer and dryer are on the convertible's (wife's) side of the garage, not the man cave. I was just showing the Bullitt pictures.

·
Registered
923 Posts
So Collin, does this sort of make up for the washer and dryer that aren't on my side of the man-cave in the garage on the other side with the wife's non-GT type Mustang???

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
KevTrish said:
So Collin, does this sort of make up for the washer and dryer that aren't on my side of the man-cave in the garage on the other side with the wife's non-GT type Mustang???
:lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Yes, Kevin.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
MaineBullitt said:
Holy cow Jay-what else can you possibly do under that hood?
Dirt is always to be found my friend,even the camera can't see all the dirt :confused: LOL!!
Here is a few pics of my garage "man hole".... Like i stated,still not done yet,some more painting left to do,then i will tackle the floor next.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1LOW03GT said:
Dirt is always to be found my friend,even the camera can't see all the dirt :confused: LOL!!
Here is a few pics of my garage "man hole".... Like i stated,still not done yet,some more painting left to do,then i will tackle the floor next.

Nice Jay!!!! Great photos on the wall. Your car looks nice and warm in there, especially knowing what it probably looks like on the other side of the door. I used a 2 part epoxy on my floor and it holds up very well even with one side of the garage getting yearround use. Each spring I wash it with soap & water and a brush to get the winter crap off of Robin's side and it looks pretty good. The Bullitt side always looks great....John R

1 - 20 of 46 Posts