Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very interested in showing DHG 3875.
But I have no experience in this area.
Can anyone give me info on car shows?
What the classes are.
What the judges are looking at.
Dirt on street driven cars OK?
Does protective material need to be
removed? (nose cover, rock guards, etc.)
etc.
etc.

Anyone with experience on this topic
please HELP.

DHG #3875
Modifications:
BULLITT chase scene recreated on rear dash
with Revell 1/25 scale 68 GT 390 Fastback and
68 Charger R/T metal body models. Unfortunately
the hub caps don't come off the Charger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-12-10 11:53 ]</font>

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,175 Posts
Collin, I have entered my Bullitt at 3 shows so far. The judges look for cleanliness inside and out and under the hood. Leave bra off, don't know about stone guards(?). Put your class sign they give you on your windshield right away as some people start voting early and you want them to see your number. Make sure the wheels are all shiny and the exhaust tips and all the black parts are polished. Put your leather conditioner on the seats and dash. I use my factory floor mats but I guess any Mustangs ones would be OK. Leave your hood up and your trunk. At our shows they put like the 98s-2001s in a class together.

1969 Coupe
2001 DHG #344 Bullitt
2000 Cobra R #227

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2001-12-09 22:55 ]</font>

·
Registered
724 Posts
That's a great sig Vicki, I know the wing is supposed to be functional on the "R" but I just can't get over how big it is. Does it obstruct your view through the rearview mirror?

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,175 Posts
Chalmers, I have so far only sat in the driver's seat of Cobra R #227. Hubby says I can drive it but I can't get the nerve quite yet! It has too much power for me! He says the wing does obstruct the view some but you get used to it. :smile: We have only had it about 6 weeks and put it up for the winter already along with Bullette. :sad:

·
Premium Member
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info TwoStangWmn!
Looking forward to showing DHG 3875!
Are there any books on prepping
the car for a show?

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-09 22:54, TwoStangWmn wrote:
Collin, I have entered my Bullitt at 3 shows so far. The judges look for cleanliness inside and out and under the hood. Leave bra off, don't know about stone guards(?). Put your class sign they give you on your windshield right away as some people start voting early and you want them to see your number. Make sure the wheels are all shiny and the exhaust tips and all the black parts are polished. Put your leather conditioner on the seats and dash. I use my factory floor mats but I guess any Mustangs ones would be OK. Leave your hood up and your trunk. At our shows they put like the 98s-2001s in a class together.

1969 Coupe
2001 DHG #344 Bullitt
2000 Cobra R #227
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

......and make sure you're not parked next to another Bullitt owner who makes it a point for everyone to notice you have the wrong grill. :lol: Right, Vicki???? :wink:

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,175 Posts
Oh Yes Nasty! Everyone, at the Bozeman, Mt International Car Show 5 of us Bullittheads showed up for it. We all parked our Bullitts in a row in downtown Bozeman for the show. People would walk by and look at all 5 Bullitts and ask questions and mention that they were all the same. Hubby, BullittBill, would point out that they were all the same except for Bob's as he had the "factory defect" one with the chromed grill! And of course the Police Interceptor badge on the rear of Bob's #169--R.I.P. :sad:

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I have to say, I had a ball watching Bill during the show. He was soooooo enthusiastic and really did enjoy himself talking up our cars. :grin:

You guys deserved the win, because Bill worked very hard polishing Bullete and your posters added a nice touch. :smile:

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
darn it Bob!! you said you'd leave my "sister" out of your pics for a while!!!
lol

·
Registered
191 Posts
TwoStang, when the hell did you get an 'R'? Man that is a nice car. I've been thinking lately about a Saleen, but next year I want to fix up my Mach1. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you (and other bullittheads?) in Vancouver.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,175 Posts
Hi Mac! (He was one that also showed up at the Bozeman, Montana Show last August with his TB Cobra). We got the R in October. We were wanting to get this Saleen SR351 in New York and was willing to drive all the way over there to get it and trailer it back but someone else got it first! So hubby was upset that he didn't get his fast car so a couple of guys from our Club here found one for him only 250 miles away! It was still on the showroom floor mind you!

Mac, I know we told you we would probably be coming to Vancouver for the show this summer, but we can't make it after all. :sad: :cry: BUT the International is in Spokane--my city--the following summer in 2003!! Maybe you can come here along with some other Bullittheads!! Hint, hint.......

And.. ROFLMAO Marty!!! :lol: :lol:

Vicki

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2001-12-13 00:21 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I think Mac could be persuaded to swing down through Spokane on the way to Vancouver, just to get to ride in the "R", Vicki. :wink:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
What's this about a show in Vancouver? You mean Vancouver, BC, or Vancouver, WA? I would like more info...along with a ride in the R... :grin:

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
The Vancouver, B.C. Mustang club is hosting the Mustang Meet next Labor Day. They're expecting over 700 cars. Send Vicki an email, because I think she knows their website address.

·
Registered
191 Posts
This show should be a lot of fun, probably 3 times as big as the Bozeman, Montana show. I'm definitely planning on going, as is BeamStang. Vicki, it's a long way off but I will try to make your show as well, I'd also LOVE a ride in the mean red machine. I had no idea you were loooking for an S-351, thats what I would really like (1999 or 2000), but I would have to part with both of my cars to get it now. I think I will wait for a while for an S351 or S281 s/c. Nasty, thanks for the info. on the Series1, it doesn't have the power I thought it would, but it's nice and light.

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
I am proud to admit that I introduced Collin to the Hotel Auto Detail Kit that is available at no cost to every guest at every hotel! :lol:

·
Premium Member
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
BULLITT3230 said:
I am proud to admit that I introduced Collin to the Hotel Auto Detail Kit that is available at no cost to every guest at every hotel! :lol:
You know it, Kurt!

Wash buckets? No problem! Use the hotel in-room trash cans.

Soap? No problem! Use the hotel in-room bar soap.

Wash mitts? No problem! Use the hotel in-room wash cloths.

Drying Towels? No problem! Use the hotel in-room towels.

Detail brushes? No problem! Use the hotel in-room toothbrushes (if available).

Car cover (which could be hail resistant)? No problem! Use the hotel in-room bed spreads.

Good times!

:clap:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts